F I F T Y - S E V E N

PRESENT DAY
SEVENTY KILOMETERS AWAY FROM THE CITY

Some seventy kilometer away from the city, a temple was situated above the hill. The temple of goddess Shashthi, who is symbol of children wellbeing and a clan deity of Bhalla Family as well. A freshly bathed Ishita took the final step and entered inside the temple carrying the plate of offerings. The holy sounds of bells can be heard from surroundings. Ishita covered her forehead with her dupatta and closed her eyes, murmured prayers for Roohi wellbeing. Her eyes were filled with tears as Roohi sick face continued to flash infront of her eyes.

"Beti." She wiped her face and looked at the priest who came to call her for morning Aarti. She was not alone at the temple, the temple was filled with devotees who came to attend morning Pooja. The bells started to ring and prayers started to sung, Ishita closed her eyes in search of serenity and peace but sadly her mind got none. Her heart prayed and begged to bless her daughter with virtue. She is slipping out from her hands and Ishita wanted to stop her, she want to save her little baby. She colleted offerings and than took Aarti, her Bala Jeeju opened his eyes and bowed down his head infront of goddess to bless their little angel.

"The ritual suggested for your daughter has already begun, we all are praying for our little girl." The gead priest of thr temple came to meet Ishita once the morning worship finished. Ishita looked at the seven Brahmin scholars sat around and doing mahamrityunjay jap for Roohi. Ishita bowed her head and took a leave from the temple, her steps were slow as they descended the stairs. Bala made sure to stay with Ishita who didn't had a drop of water in her throat since morning.

"You never believed on God before." Bala couldn't help but asked as they sat in the car started their journey back to hospital.

"I never believed on love before as well Jeeju, i never believed on motherhood but the tales of the time. It made me believe on everything." Ishita removed the chunri from her forehead, they entered inside the city. All thanks to the early morning roads. "I still wonder how these five months changed me. I thought I don't deserve love." Ishita chuckled sarcastically looking outside. The sun hasn't risen yet giving them chance to enjoy the soothing cold winds.

"You was bound in the shackles of your self doubts and fears Ishita. Raman and Roohi freed you from those shackles. We all deserve love so do my favourite sister." Bala patted her head with his free hand, he slowed down the car as they crossed the gurudwara Shri Bangla Saheb. The gurubani can be heard from distance, Ishita closed her eyes again for brief moment and opened only to notice Bala noticing something.

"Isn't it's Raman car?" Ishita narrowed her brows and read the number plate again, yes that's her husband car. "See love has changed your husband as well." Bala smiled making Ishita lips curl. She didn't discussed about the remedies she suppose to perform for Roohi, it was first day of her to visit the temple and she need to visit it and do Pooja for next eleven days. Along side she need to keep fasts and only allowed to take food once a day and stay on fruits rest of the time. Ishita didn't inquires for logic and reasons, no argument came from her side. She agreed for whatever her mother in law told her, apart from medication it's prayers which are going to help her Roohi in recovery.

Motherhood can transform you into a whole new person. Ishita can relate herself with the same, Ishita has lost her faith from the almighty after whatever she bore through her life. She believed their is no god to listen her pleads and end her miseries but her faith restored the night she got Raman back and now she want to keep her faith intact. She want her Roohi back in her life even if it cost her own life.

"See Raman has came out." Bala tapped Ishita shoulder, she waved her hand to Raman who was shocked to see Ishita. "Where you guys went early morning?"

"Aiyappa temple." Bala spoke, "You was sleeping so we didn't disturbed you." Raman nodded his head, he removed the handkerchief from his head and kept it neatly in the pocket of his trousers. Ishita joined Raman in his car and Bala sat back in his car as the three drove back towards the hospital. Ishita removed her slippers and started sanatising her hands, failed to observe her sister presence at visitor area. Vandita stood from her seat, she was freshly bathed and ready to leave for work. She can say so seeing the identity card in her neck. A basket of breakfast kept on the coffee table, she understood Vandita came with breakfast. Ishita didn't reacted rather entered inside thr room to check Roohi if she woke up. She is been burning from fever since last two days and mostly asleep, thr team of doctor's considered it as a sign of worry they believe a constant fever is a sign of risk if they want to perform an open heart surgery on her. She barely opened her eyes in the last two days, Ishita eyes didn't moved an inch away from her daughter face. She took liberty to shed off her tears looking at her pale face. Her ears carved to listen her sweet honey like voice, she want to love her, to bear her tantrums.