S E V E N T Y - E I G H T

Tere mere sapne
Ab ek rang hai...
Jahaan bhi ke jaaye raahein
Hum sang hai

They were swinging their hands in the air, walking synchronised together. It was close to midnight and he crowd started to seem lessen. He looked at her face which glowed in the yellow street lights as they were standing on the footpath to buy an ice-cream for her.

"One black current and one strawberry." Ishita passes strawberry cone to Raman and forwarded a hundred rupee note towards the vendor. She stuffed the change in her pockets and the couple started to walk again enjoying their icecream. The old melody was still playing on her husband mobile phone which he kept in his trouser pockets.

"You can try some other taste as well." Raman commented enjoying his icecream.

"Copy. How can someone like strawberry."

"How can someone like black current." Raman mimicked Ishita making her scoff. She threw the wrapper in the dustbin and wiped her hands with the tissue. They were standing infront of day and night pharmacy, the couple exchanged look with each other and entered together. Ishita straightaway walked towards the women section and picked two packets of sanitary pads along pain relieving balm. She started to scan the stolls thinking if she spot something interesting or utilising for herself until she spot her husband walking towards her carrying basket in his hand. She peeped inside and gasped finding c**d** packets inside it along some of instant noodles packets.

"You know I am on my periods." She gritted her teeth walking towards the billing counter.

"It's not going to last forever."

"And what flavour you picked? Strawberry? How gross."

"I told you it's my favourite flavour." Raman passed wink towards Ishita making her go red. Her man is impossible and unpredictable at the same time. They came out together, hands in hands. The breeze was pleasent, danced around them and caressed their skin. They closed their eyes to feel the breeze hitting their faces. After few minutes they started walking back, the song was still playing in the background. Raman eyes fell on a couple walking before of them. He creased his brows finding a scarf tied on woman head and the man who is probably her husband is securing her hand in his as they were taking slow and tentative steps.

"Raman. What do you think about today? I mean regarding Vikram and Samaira?"

"Nothing and honestly saying I have no sympathy for that woman.
It's not about the mistakes we have committed but it's more about her actions which she performed deliberately to justify her ego. Samaira literally tortured her daughter, made her starve for hours, tied her up in dark basement and what not. She crossed every extent just to satisfy her ego, how can a woman hurt her own child? Remember? We decided to live together only because we were afraid to send Roo to orphanage, we didn't considered our differences even for the once."

Ishita hummed in the response, Amaaya was in a terrible condition when Samaira kept her hostage. Vikram told them how the little girl still get nightmares, she can relate herself very well with the little girl. The wounds of child abuse lasts for lifetime and it's very hard to get over those. "I don't know what will Vikram decide but Samaira shouldn't get second chance easily. I mean I think so." Ishita kept humming, her ears were listening her husband words and her mind was contemplating over her past, she was wrong while making request to Vikram to move on, when she herself is not ready to forgive her father even after so many years then how can she expect Vikram to forgive the woman who is reason behind destroying peace of his life. She softly held Raman hand continued to walk, their society building started to visible.