E I G H T Y

D-401, TOWER D
EMERALD HEIGHTS HOUSING SOCIETY, DELHI

Ishita was surprised to find her extended maternal family present at Vandita and Bala place. Her maternal aunts and uncles were also a part of her anniversary celebration and when Ishita felt everyone gaze over her she became extremely conscious and nervous. She held Raman's hand tightly, reluctant to enter inside Vandita place. Ishita bit her lower lip looking at Raman who was clueless as her.

"Why are you so nervous? It's your family afterall."

"That's the main problem." Ishita muttered under her breath making sure it doesn't get audible to Raman. She took step inside still holding Raman hand, the first person who acknowledged Ishita presence was Bala, who was performing Satyanarayan Pooja along Vandita. Ishita kept the box of homemade cake they prepared and started looking for Roohi who went to meet Santhosh and Madhavi who were sitting together.

"Ishu!! It's so nice to see you here." Ishita smiled at her aunt, "I am good aunt. Raman, she is my Savitri Chitti. Amma's elder sister."

"Namaskar." Raman whispered still standing close to Ishita. "It's been years since we met, I heard about your daughter. How is she now?"

"Good. She is playing there." Ishita pointed towards Roohi who centre of attention in the pooja running from here to there along Oreo. "God! She is adorable Ishu."

Ishita hummed, she mostly replied in yes or no. Her experience with her Chitti and Uncles were never good and it was surprise to see them behaving nicely with her. "Your husband is actually a billionaire?" Her maternal uncle unmarried daughter, Nandita nudged her.

"Yes, maybe." Ishita shurgged off her shoulder admiring her man from distance.

"Amma told me how you used to live a pathetic life before. Who would believe the girl who used to live pitiful life earlier is now wife of a billionaire." The smile wiped off from her face and she kept looking at her cousin who was giving her nasty smirk. "I know you will not divorce your husband afterall he is damn rich." Ishita was astonished looking at her cousin spitting venom. She hardly interacted her when they're kids and now the all she was doing spitting nonsense against her.

"Shut up Nandita. Is this is a way to talk with your elder sister?" Savitri scolded her niece making her go mum, "She is highly immature kanna. Just ignore her and I am so glad that you worked on your differences with Raman and stayed in this marriage." Ishita nodded her head as her aunt took her cousin away from her. She sighed looking at Raman who was busy with Roohi and thankfully didn't listened this conversation.

"Ishita. Come here and do the aarti." The voice belonged to Vandita mother in law who asked her to join for aarti along Raman. She covered her shoulder with the pallu of her saree and asked Roohi to join them, the couple performed the ritual together and Ishita applied kumkum on Roohi forehead which she loves most.

"Mumma! Shall we give the gifts to Vandu Chitti?" Ishita nodded her head and passed the box and the card Roohi prepared. "Happy happy Anni Anni Chitti." Everyone laughed on Roohi cuteness, Vandita kneeled before her and embarced Roohi in a tight hug before taking card from her.

"This is lovely card Roo. No one ever gifted me something so beautiful."

"Sacchi mein chitti?" Roohi eyes sparkled with joy and she clapped her hand happily. "Mucchi mein meri Jaan. Thank you for coming here." Bala took her in her arms and went to meet other guests. Ishita started looking for an empty space and once she found she sat there, clueless what to do now. The enthusiasm to meet her maternal family already died down, the start of the evening was pathetic. All she hoped it didn't worsen more.