T W E N T Y - F O U R

Raman wiped his fingers with tissues and closed the tupperware boxes one by one, the simple breakfast was mouthwatering today. Ishita indeed cooked breakfast delicious, in a same way he love. He leaned back and started to admire the sunrise from closed glass window of his BMW and wondered how his life had changed in these months. They were never lived so closed and together when they're staying with his parents, he himself didn't remebered when last he spend his time with Roohi or feed her dinner with his own hands or made her sleep close to her. The memories from last night made his lips curled wide, the way Roohi kept her legs over his waist and threw her tiny leg on him made his heart swelled with joy. He fetched his phone out from breast pocket of his blazer and tapped on the gallery icon, he grinned widely admiring the picture of Ishita and Roohi which he clicked sneakily today's morning when he woke up. The sight he witnessed in the early morning was enough to make his day brighter, the mother daughter duo sleeping next to him swelled his heart with admiration and he instantly captured there beautiful faces in his camera. His ladies looked absolute innocent, their faces were glowing in the golden light of side lamps. The few escaped tendrils from Ishita braided hairs were resting on her rosy lips, teasing him, urging him to replace those silky locks with his own lips. He scratched his head and kissed the picture and leaned back on seat recalling about the last night and Roohi. Her tear striken face was enough to give him goosebumps but he was thankful of night which made him realise how hard for him to see his little daughter in tears, the warmth filled his chest was serene and maybe beyond words. The warmth he never felt before, he smiled widely recalling how she wrapped her little hands around his neck and hugged him tightly like she is assured that her Papa will save her from every hardship of her life. Yesterday they kept her in there embrace until her sobs subsided, they tried lots of things to make her smile, they cracked jokes, played cartoons on mobile phone, tickled her and also narrated fairytales to her.

And it made him realise that she need them both, neither just single father nor single mother she need her parents, a Mumma and a Papa. But would be they able to provide her such life? The reality of his life left a deep ache in his heart. He wiped the moisture from his eyes and kept his eyes closed recalling the moments he spend with Ishita and Roohi. While going through the events of last night his brows quizzed recalling Roohi's words which died in her sobs, she wasn't crying unnecessarily, there was something strong behind her sobs. He wanted to talk with Ishita about same but never got chance but it's not too late, he still had some twenty twenty-five minutes left to reach at venue and he can use this time to discuss same with Ishita. He took his phone out from his bag to call Ishita but before he could unlock it his phone started to buzz flashing an unknown number on screen. He quizzed his brows seeing the unknown number flashing on screen and answered anyway.

"Good Morning Sweetheart." A honey coated female voice came from another side making his loose body stiff.

"Pardon me." He replied with not so pleased tone.

"You forgot me so soon?" The voice sounded familiar  to him, but he really hoped his guess to turn false.

"I am still unable to recognise you." He continued to play hoping to put end on this conversation.

"Don't act so fool Mr Bhalla. How can you forget that spicy night of Hyderabad?" His jaw clenched with anger listening her voice, he wanted to lash her badly but the presence of his driver stopped him.

"How dare you to call me here? I told you not to call me." He replied through gritted teeth.

"But I cannot live without you and now as you're going to divorce your wife, I'm looking foreword to spend my rest of the life with you."

"Have.....have you gone mad? Nothing is going to happen like that and you know that." He snapped her back trying to keep his voice low.

"But we had so many things in past Raman and now...."