twenty-nine

ASHTON'S POV

I got out of bed around 8 which is pretty early for me. I was still very tired. I couldn't sleep last night. My mind wouldn't rest. I thought about Alex and what Kaylee said to me yesterday.

Michael or Luke still don't know that I visited Kaylee. I don't think they visited her at all yet. I didn't talk to them at all yesterday or the night before. Luke was busy moving into his new house and God knows what Michael was doing all day.

While I was laying down, trying to sleep, I decided that I did believe Kaylee. The tone and emotions in her voice when she talked to me made me believe that she wasn't lying. In fact, I decided that I will visit her again. Maybe we will even become friends. It's just that I really believe that she is telling the truth. I don't think she is 'C' anymore, or ever was.

When she told me how she didn't kill Harry, you could hear the pain in her voice and the tears forming in her eyes.

I also thought about Alex while I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about texting him but I kinda wanted him to text me first. I know it sounds quite silly and girly.

I couldn't stop thinking about the pictures we took in the old photo booth. I kept telling myself that it didn't mean anything, that we were drunk. Maybe I was right. Maybe it didn't mean anything to him, but did it mean anything to me?

I'm not gay, am I? I mean, I've had plenty of girlfriends before and by plenty I mean like 8. One time I dated my old friend Indie but when I recently kissed her when we hung out I didn't feel a spark... But then again, it was months after we broke up and our feelings for each other changed.

I walked down into the kitchen and grabbed a banana off the counter. I walked back upstairs to get dressed, taking the peel off the banana. I ate the banana as I got dressed. I figured I'd go talk to Luke about Kaylee since Michael isn't the best choice.

As I brushed my teeth, my phone started ringing. My phone was across the hall, in my room. I quickly finished brushing my teeth before running into my room to answer my phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone, not looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, Ashton." It was Alex. I could tell it was him by the way he talked.

"Hello." I said again.

"You already said that," Alex chuckled. "Anyways, I think we need to talk."

"About?" I asked even though it was obvious what it was about.

"The other night." He replied.

"Okay," I mumbled. "Is there any way you could meet me at the café at 1? We could talk over lunch?"

"Yeah, that'd be great." He answered, sounding excited. "I'll see you soon then."

I said bye and ended the call. I started getting nervous. It was already 12. What if he asks me if I like him or if the kiss meant anything? What will I say?

****

"Wow, your room is huge." I said, walking into Luke's new room. It was painted blue and it had a wooden floor.

"I know." Luke replied, sitting down in his bed. "So what did you want to talk to me about? I have something to tell you too."

"Okay," I paused before beginning. I sat down next to him. "I went and visited Kaylee yesterday. I don't think she is 'C'."

"You don't?" Luke asked surprised.

"Nope." I replied. "She told me that 'C' threatened her too by sending her texts. I'm going to visit her tomorrow and ask her if she has her phone somewhere so she can prove it. You have to promise that you won't tell Michael yet. Okay?"

"Okay, I promise." He answered.

"What did you have to tell me?" I asked him. He got up and walked over to his desk and took an envelope out of the drawer.

"I got this in the mail today. There's no return address." He said handing me the envelope. "Go ahead, open it."

I started getting nervous. He didn't seem excited about what was inside the envelope. I opened it. Inside was pictures. My pictures with Alex. Written on the back was...

Your friends are keeping more secrets than you think. Maybe they aren't who you think they are after all! -C

"Care to explain?" Luke asked. He didn't seem mad which was good.

"We were drunk." I explained.

"Who is this guy? I didn't know you had a boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend. His name is Alex." I told him as I put the pictures back into the envelope. "We're just friends."

"Oh really?" He exclaimed. "So you kiss all your friends huh?"

"Why are you getting all worked up over this? Would it matter if I liked him or not?" I asked Luke. Luke was quiet. "Maybe I do like him and if that bothers you then I don't want to be your friend anymore." I couldn't believe what I was saying.

I stood up and walked towards the door of his room to leave. I didn't want to talk to him if he was going to get mad at me for liking someone.

"Ash, wait." He said, putting his hand on my shoulder to stop me from leaving. "I'm sorry okay." Luke tried to apologize but I pulled away and stormed out of his house.

I walked home. I kept thinking about what I said to Luke. Did I tell him that I liked Alex?

I wondered if Luke and I were still friends after what just happened. I wouldn't be surprised if he told Michael already.

When I walked into my house my mum looked up at me and walked over to me.

"What's wrong honey?" She asked me. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I think something is wrong with me." I blurted out and tears filled my eyes. Maybe it was silly for me to cry.

"Do you want me to take you temperature?" Mum asked me.

"No but thanks anyway." I muttered before walking upstairs to my room.

****

When I got to the café, Alex was already there. I walked over and sat across from him at the table. He smiled and said "hello" and I said "hey".

He must've noticed my mood wasn't the best because he asked me if I was okay. I lied and said I was just tired. We ordered our food before having a real conversation.

"So about the other night..." Alex trailed off. "I'm sorry for kissing you. I get it if you just want to be friends or never talk again. Unless you like me too. Do you?"

++++So here is this quick little chapter. I hope you like it!

Question: Do you think Ashton has feelings for Alex?

Maybe answer the question in the comments please? Thanks.