thirty-two

When I got to Michael's house, Luke was already there. I gave him a dirty look when I walked in. He looked upset but I didn't care.

"What was the big emergency?" I asked Michael.

"Kaylee might be getting out soon and I got this text from 'C'," He explained.

"We all get texts from 'C'," Luke replied. "What's so special about the text you got?"

"I'll show it to you." Michael says, getting out his phone. It was a video. 'C' sent him a video.

The video started playing. It was in Calum's room. It was like someone set up a secret camera in his room. The door opened and Brent, Tyson, and and another boy walked in. None of us recognized the third guy. The third guy kinda looked like Calum, but it couldn't have been him.

"I'm sick and tired of him always black mailing us," Brent announced, sounding a little angry.

"So what do you suggest we do?" The third guy asked.

"We make him disappear." Brent answered in a serious tone.

"Dad, you want to kill him?" Tyson asked Brent which made me want to throw up. I never knew Brent had a kid and I can't believe his kid is Tyson.

"We'd be doing everyone a favor, Ty." Brent said to his son.

"Calum will be home soon." The third guy said. "Lets go."

They all walked out of Calum's room. The screen went black.

"There's more." Michael said so we looked back at his phone screen.

Calum appeared on the screen. He looked scared.

"They want to kill me," Calum whispered. "Ashton, if you ever watch this, this is what your mum is getting herself into. She's dating a murderer; my murderer." The screen went black. The video was over.

"Did I mention that Brent proposed to my mum?" I asked them, still a bit shocked about what we just watched.

"What?" Luke exclaimed.

"Yeah, I noticed her ring the other night." I told them.

"Should we show this to the police?" Michael asked, turning off his phone and putting it back into his pocket.

"Maybe we should," Luke answered, looking over at me to see if I agreed. I nodded.

My phone rang. It was Alex. I answered it.

"Hello?" I said, holding my phone up to my ear.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come over." He said.

"Yeah, sure." I answered. "I'll be over in a bit."

We said bye and then I ended the call.

"Who was that?" Michael asked me.

"Uh, Alex." I told him awkwardly and he still looked confused.

"Alex? Who is Alex?" Michael asked.

"Luke didn't tell you?" I asked him, turning towards Luke.

"I didn't think you wanted me to tell him." Luke shrugged.

"Can someone just tell me who he is?" Michael exclaimed.

"Alex is my boyfriend." I told him, which seemed to surprise him.

****

"You should turn this in to the police, Ash." Alex told me after I showed him the video C sent Michael. I had Michael put the video on a DVD for me.

"We're going to turn it in tomorrow morning," I said, about to take the DVD out of my laptop.

"Wait, can you play it again?" He asked, so I restarted the video. When it got to the part with all of them on the screen, he told me to stop the video.

"I know him. That guy." Alex exclaimed, pointing at the guy none of us recognized.

"Who is it?"

"My cousin," Alex answered. "He went missing a while back."

HI GUYS!!, I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SUCH A LONG TIME AND I'M SO SORRY. I'VE BEEN BUSY AND I'VE HAD WRITERS BLOCK.

WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER? I KNOW, IT'S SHORT...

WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON ASHTON AND ALEX'S RELATIONSHIP?