seven

Ashton's POV

It was hard to sleep without having nightmares. Often my nightmares were about Calum and what may have happened to him while he was missing. Sometimes I'd dream about what would happen if it was me instead and Calum was still here, still his happy self.

Tonight was different. I had a dream about Calum's body hanging in the barn. We got there just in time. He was okay but the killer was there too getting things ready. 'C' was there too wearing all black, hiding in the darkness just watching and making sure we would come. In the dream, the doors were easy to open and right as we walked in Calum was kicking and screaming, trying to break free as his killer made Calum put the rope around his neck.

I woke up screaming. I had to try and catch my breath. My heart was beating very fast and I was drenched in sweat. My little brother Harry came running in my room.

"Mum is worried about you." Harry sighed. "I told her to get some rest. She needs it."

"Wow, when did you grow up all of a sudden?" I asked a bit surprised.

"I'm not going to be a kid forever." He said walking over and sitting down next to me. "Someday you're going to move out and I'll be the man of the house."

"Someday but not today, kid." I smiled at him. "For now you're a kid so enjoy it while it lasts. Don't grow up to fast because life isn't what it seems."

"What do you mean?" He asked laying down and pulling the blanket so it'd be covering him too, resting his head on the pillows.

"Well right when life gives you lemons and you start to make lemonade life changes on you and wants you to make orange juice instead even though all you have is lemons." I told him. I looked over and he was sound asleep. "Goodnight, kid." I smiled before going back to sleep.

****

This morning I had to wake up early to get ready before I have to pick up Luke and Michael before heading over to the police station to answer questions.

****

As I was about to leave my mum wanted to talk to me real quick.

"Mum, I need to go. I'm going to be late." I sighed.

"I just wanted to to ask you if you are okay." She replied.

"I'm wonderful! It's not like I found Calum's dead body or anything!" I remarked sarcastically.

"Ashton." She said as if to tell me to be serious.

"I'm okay, mum." I answered and I wasn't lying. I wasn't good or amazing. I was just okay.

"Do you want to talk?" She asked.

"There's nothing to talk about." I told her. "Calum is dead. That's it."

"I just want you to talk to me, Ash. I want to know how you're doing. We barely talk anymore. You're hardly ever home anymore and when you are you have friends over." She said, her eyes filling up with tears.

"Mum, don't cry." I whispered.

"Every time you leave I always look to see what you're wearing so if you go missing I'll know what to tell the police." She says her voice cracking, a tear falling. "I have nightmares that someday you could be next."

I hugged her. "I'm gonna be okay, I promise. I'm not going to be next so don't worry."

****

"What took you so long to get here?" Michael asked getting in the backseat of my car since Luke was already sitting up front.

"My mum wanted to talk to me real quick." I told them.

"You know they all think we should go to therapy, right?" Michael asked, shaking his head as he looked out the window.

"No I did not know that." I answered a bit surprised that they want us to go to therapy.

"Well they do." Michael responded.

"We aren't going to tell them about the 'C' thing, are we?" Luke quizzed, changing the subject.

"I don't think we should." Michael stated. "They may not believe us and I don't think 'C' wants us to tell other people about them."

"I agree. We should just keep it to ourselves." I agreed with Michael.

As I pulled into the parking lot we noticed a police officer get out of his car. He looks familiar.

"No way." Luke muttered. "Is that your mum's ex boyfriend?"

"Oh my God it is!" I exclaimed, shocked that he was a cop.

I quickly got out of the car and walked over to him.

"I never thought I'd see you again." I spoke causing him to look up at me.

"Ashton, what are you doing here?" He asked. His name is Brent.

"I have to answer some questions about my friend's murder case." I told him.

"Your friend's murder case?" Brent puzzled.

"Yeah, surely you must've heard about him. His name is Calum, Calum Hood." I stated and Luke and Michael walked over to me.

"Right, I have heard of him. In fact I have been asked to help on that case." He smirked. "Looks like I'll see you boys around, oh, tell your mother I said hi."

He closed his car door and walked into the police station.

"Something tells me he's not just going to help with the case." Michael suggested.

"He can't be getting back together with my mum." I stammered. "She hasn't said a word to me about him."

Talk about perfect timing, I got a text from my mum.

I want you home early for dinner. I'm having an old friend over.

"I think you're right, Michael." I added, surprised.

________________________________________________

I hope you like this chapter! I really like this story so far and I hope you do too. If you liked it remember to vote and comment! I love it when you guys comment and vote! It makes me very happy! Also, I should be publishing at least three chapters (if not more) every week!