twenty

Michael's POV

Kaylee and I have been on so many dates that I last track exactly how many we've been on. Coming up is the masquerade. It's a dance at the high school that they have a week before Halloween. Usually I don't go but this year I am going with Kaylee. I am actually quite excited for the masquerade this year.

I really love Kaylee a lot. It bugs me when the boys think Kaylee is 'C' or something. I wish they would understand that I lover her and I am very happy with her.

Ashton's POV

I waited patiently at the bus stop for a few minutes until I saw the bus coming down the street. When the bus stopped I looked through the cluster of people getting off the bus for a familiar face. After I saw the familiar face I was looking for, I smiled and walked over to a girl with dark wavy hair that barely made it to her shoulders and bright green eyes. She smiled back at me and hugged me tightly as if she never wanted to let go.

"It's so good to see you, Indie." I smiled as I hugged her.

"I never thought I'd come back to this place but I missed you too much, Ash." She said happily, pulling her red suitcase behind her as we began walking to the hotel down the street.

"So, what made you decide to come back here?" I asked her curiously.

"Well," She began. "I'm going to stay with my grandma for a few weeks to help her out. This just happens to be on the way."

"How long are you staying?" I asked.

It was a bit chilly outside. Every few minutes or so the wind would blow before stopping.

"I'm afraid I have to leave tomorrow afternoon." She sighed and my happy expression changed to a sad one. I didn't want her to leave so soon.

"But, we can hang out tomorrow." She smiled trying to lighten the mood.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled back.

We were now a few feet away from walking into the hotel. I was just walking her to the hotel since I was in town at the moment. I wanted to be able to hang out with her more but she has to leave again tomorrow. I haven't seen her in months and now she'll be gone again, just like that.

She was staring into my eyes and I was staring back into her bright green ones. I want to kiss her just once before she leaves. I started to lean in and so did she. When we kissed I felt absolutely nothing. Indie has been my crush since the fourth grade. She was my crush.

****

The next day I forgot to ever call her until she was already out of town. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened between us yesterday. I kissed her. She kissed me. It didn't feel right.

Instead of talking to Michael or Luke, I went to the bar in town to get away from everything. I don't know how many drinks I had but I swear I saw Calum sitting right beside me.

"See that girl, Ash?" Cal asked me, gesturing to a girl sitting all by herself. "You should go talk to her."

"Okay. I will." I agreed, standing up from my seat and I walked over to the girl.

"Hey, I'm Ashton." I smiled.

"Margo." She smiled back at me.

"You're pretty cute." I said.Normally I probably wouldn't say that but like I said before, I had a few drinks. "Would it be a bad thing if I said I wanted to kiss you right now?" I asked her.

"The feelings mutual." She bit her lip.

Seconds after her lips were on mine. I expected to feel something between us, just one little spark but I felt absolutely nothing. I pulled away and turned around. Calum was gone. I ran out of the bar.

I began to feel dizzy as if I had more drinks than I really had. Everything started to become blurry and quiet like it was all in slow motion.

Luke's POV

At around midnight, I got a call from Ashton. He was crying. I couldn't understand what he was saying but he told me to come to the cemetery.

As I was walking out the door my mum stopped me.

"Where are you going?" She asked me.

"Ashton needs me." I explained.

"You aren't supposed to be with them, Luke." She answered walking over to me.

"I'm sorry mum but we need each other and you can't separate us. Just go back to sleep, okay?" I say before walking outside.

I picked up Michael on the way to the cemetery. We didn't talk. We just both seemed worried. When we got to the cemetery we saw Ashton standing next to a grave. I parked the car and we ran over to him. He was still crying.

"I didn't do it." He sobbed. "I didn't do it."

"You didn't do what?" I asked before looking at the grave next to him.

The grave was dug up and the body was missing. It was Calum's grave. Calum's body is gone. And Ashton had the shovel.

"I can't remember anything." Ashton cried. He three the shovel on the ground and ran his hands through his hair.

"Then where is Calum, Ash?" Michael exclaimed. "He sure didn't just get up and walk away!"

"I didn't do it!" Ashton yelled back. I didn't know if I believed him or not. But why would he dig up Calum anyway?

Michael slapped Ash across the face suddenly. "Then what happened, huh?" Michael asked him. Ashton backed away from Michael.

"I don't remember." Ashton said calmly. "Last thing I remember was seeing Calum at the bar and I kissed some girl before running out."

"You kissed some girl? Really?" I asked Ash.

"It doesn't matter anyway." He paused. "I think I'm-"

Michael cut him off. "What do you mean you saw Calum?"

"He was there." Ash said says.

"You don't remember anything?" I asked Ash.

"Not a thing." Ash had a scared expression. "You gotta believe me. I ha nothing to do with his grave getting dug up."

"I have a feeling 'C' set you up and drugged you. That's probably why you don't remember anything" I announced.

I wished I could tell Ash how much I believe him but the worst part is that I don't know if I believe him. He was drugged and he can't remember anything. Maybe he can't remember digging up Calum's grave too.