Speech From An Imperfect Heart

Time delivers us all to the same end. No one can see, hear, smell, speak or touch. There are no rhymes, no joy, no sadness. Nothing to call oneself, and everything is empty yet full. Yet, we live our lives in blissful ignorance. Full of ourselves and never thinking of others. We manipulate to our benefit. We kill in the name of self-righteousness.

Long gone are the days when people treated themselves as equals. Long gone are the virtues that made us different from animals. Our minds are full of mediocrities that cloud us from the truth. Superficial wishes. Unnecessary material goods that only fuel our egos and pride. Where are the things that made us unique? When did we lose sight of our own life?

We are born to be selected by a few. We die if we are not relevant to the world. Pushed aside into the darkness, never able to return to how things once were. Sometimes we only seek happiness in little things like family, friends, and someone to protect, care for, and love above all else. And even then, we are seen as procrastinators that don't want to live life as intended by others.

Our hard work is replaced by mechanical beings if we are not good enough anymore. If we don't satisfy the higher-ups or even our close ones, they seek our replacement without a second thought thinking that is the right thing to do. No second chances for anyone. Not even pets or those that aren't capable of functioning normally like people with syndromes or incurable (yet treatable) illnesses.

The food chain is a thing created by nature, the survival of the fittest too. But we have distorted and warped the intentions and meanings of those things to our selfish natures. All because we can think rationally and they can't. Plants, too, are disregarded as tools to take advantage of instead of viewing them as the lungs of the earth and the natural providers of resources.

Everything would be okay if we only applied what makes us humans in the first place. The ability to see when something is enough and not over-exploit it, the rationality that has led us so far in history (although a dark and less-than-ethical one), the capability of uniting as one when hard times come and overcoming any hardships together, and, of course, the sincere and humble love and thought we put into things.

Doesn't matter how much we strive for a utopia and make everything perfectly automated in the process. All else crumbles into irrelevance the moment we turn to a power beyond ourselves and plead to the false gods for salvation from ruin and misery when things don't go our way. We may communicate in different languages, we may accomplish different things at different times and in different ways, but we had one thing in common that is now lost deep inside every soul.

That thing, being what makes us human, is the imperfection of our race and how we make up for that inevitable fault that we carry to our graves.

I learned a little while ago, that a past doesn't mean anything when you have a future built on top of it. Making sure you learned from your mistakes and applied that knowledge to amend them. I learned to search within myself before exploring the outside world and interacting with people. I found my imperfection and shared it with others so that they, in return, could patch it up with their own and complement each other.

Edward, the world you seek is found not in the hearts of the living, but the steel-cold hands of the dead. In a place where everyone ends the same. Goodbye, old friend. You taught me my last life lesson:

To find redemption and solace in the imperfections of myself and others. Thank you.