45 - Felix Felicis

____________

IT FELT LIKE  hours of being asleep. Which would've been a dream under different circumstances. But being buried under trees covered in snow wasn't as great as possibly predicted. It felt like hours, but the moment lasted a few minutes until she came to her senses again. The trees were everywhere and Hagrid's hut was still burning. If she could shoot water, she would've helped.

With the little strength she had left, she pushed her body up and carefully looked at the catastrophe before her eyes. From the corner of her eye she noticed a group of people in a half circle. She looked up and noticed the Astronomy Tower. Dumbledore.

To leave or to go there and look at him for the last time. To thank him for everything he had done for her and her family. But if she had followed the words her brain kept repeating over and over again, people would look at her differently, because they saw what she tried to hide for an entire year. Was she brave enough to swallow her pride?

Unfortunately, she wasn't.

She heard clogs coming closer and as Ella turned around, there was her trusty unicorn: Sky. It neighed once and turned its body sideways, so she could easily hop on. Ella smiled a little, caressing the creature's silky hair and then turned around, glancing at the group of people. Her thoughts were on the young girl who made her stay fun: Meredith. Ella couldn't believe she hadn't told her; the girl had proven more than once that she could be trusted. 

But instead she trusted Draco. Someone who kept things away from her through lies.

The Princess sighed and shook her head at her thoughts. It was best for everyone if she disappeared for a little while. Somewhere far away from there. With a hop, she sat on the unicorn's back. Ella looked back again and when she made sure they wouldn't notice, they disappeared in the ice and fire.

____________

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes into hours. Feeling bad for the unicorn, she hopped off its back and walked on her own, the animal following her.

Her mind was clouded by thoughts — she felt betrayed as she had experienced everything in the past few hours. Dirt covered parts of her dress and cinders her skin. Around her it wasn't as warm as it had been before. The ice and the fire clashed at Hogwarts and now the sudden winter was the result.

She was reminded of a pair of grey, glistening eyes. The eyes from the same person who reassured her that there were no lies. The person who indeed didn't promise her a happy ending. But how could he avoid—

Ella!

A high pitched voice called her name. The unicorn immediately nearing her and her head turning towards the direction the noise came from. Ella shook her head lightly and kept walking. But there it was again.

Ella!

The Princess turned again and without feeling surprised, no one was there. The two kept walking and walking until they reached the highest trees and the greenest leaves. Apparently winter hadn't reached that side yet.

No title could help her. Princess or Queen. That was probably going to be the talk of the month. Ella and her mother disappearing into the unknown. Twisted faith in the same year. Her pocket burnt — it felt very warm. She put one hand in it and took the object out.

Felix Felicis, liquid luck.

She had forgotten about it, though she smiled at the memory. Horace Slughorn had given the potion to her as a result of her making a perfect potion in his class. Ella thought he was a kind man. She took the small plug out and without thinking twice, the liquid was down her throat. It didn't remind her of any particular taste.

Ella's eyes looked around for a shelter. And without having to look more than once, there it was. A tiny cave under a layer of grass and various rocks. She looked at Sky and then walked towards the shelter. There was no dirt on the rough ground, it was just really cold as the air started turning colder. The Princess crouched, encouraged the unicorn to do the same and they were safe. No snow or wind.

Ella sighed and wondered if that was going to be the end, because it certainly felt like it. The lies and betrayal ate her alive, not to mention a wise man's death. That was the start of the war, making her selfishly wonder what was going to happen to her, France and her old lover. Sudden realization of the fake letter hit her. Could it have been Voldemort or Bellatrix, the curly haired witch? Ella didn't know, though it made her wonder what anyone could've possibly wanted from someone like her. 

Someone so weak and selfish. 

She didn't know.

Thought after thought, Ella fell asleep with her back against the rough surface of the stony wall and Sky beside her.

____________

Hello lovely people! I hope your week has been lovely. ♡

-
Questions of the Day:

1) Predictions?

2) Anything gonna happen in the woods?

3) Any character you'd like to see again?

4) Thoughts on Draco?

5) What's gonna happen to France?

6) Is Ella going to become Queen? ;)

7) Anything Dumbledore left Ella?

-

Thanks for reading, it means a lot. 💛🥺
Please comment and vote.

Lots of love to you,

— belle.

. . .

Published the 30th of October 2020