59 - The Coronation

hey gorgeous people! I'll post the full chapter when it hits at least 10 golden stars. thank you. xx
____________

— "MOTHER, THE KINGDOM    has been evacuated. She made sure everybody left their homes and moved to the farthest village they could. She... She's going to be crowned today and... And then she's going to fight... I-I can't... Mother, I can't handle this.", Draco's sobs filled the room as he was welcomed by Narcissa's arms.

"Ella is a brave woman, Draco. And she has proved that now yet again, with her actions that were lead from the heart."

"Mother, she won't be able to survive this... He... He's too strong. We need to stop him. Or at least try."

"By trying to stop the Dark Lord's wishes, you're asking for a death wish, Draco. You're underestimating her, son. You know very well that she won't ever even think about giving up. It's in her blood."

"Just like the coward in me is in mine.", Narcissa slapped her son's arm.

"I know you love her, Draco, but...Staying on this side is... It's safer here, Draco—"

"The Dark Lord has announced that he's going to invade France first and then he'll take care of Hogwarts.", a voice startled the two, who immediately separated. It was Lucius Malfoy, the same man who told his son that his lover was dead.

"Father.", Draco acknowledged him, his voice hoarse from the crying. Lucius didn't meet his son's eyes once he closed the door behind him. "I-I overheard him tell Bellatrix and- and they are going to kill everyone in the way. The Dark Lord—", he cleared his throat, his gaze on the floor.

"The Dark Lord wants her alive until the war is won and then...", Lucius didn't continue, but he found strength to look at his son, who was already looking down, his mother placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Lucius.", Narcissa stood up to look at her husband, who simply nodded shortly at her. The woman left the room, the ones remaining were Draco and his father. Two people who have never had that bond that a father and his son should have. They could've blamed it on the war, but they knew that the war just tore them apart a little more. The traditionalism broke Draco, who always wanted to find a way to make Lucius proud, yet never seemed to accomplish the task he's put on himself ever since he was a young boy.

"I want to apologize, Draco. For... For not acting like a father... Like the father you needed.", Lucius started saying, making Draco swallow thickly and shut his eyes forcefully.

"I'm sorry for bringing my family down with me... I-I thought it was easier that way... But I did that out of fear... I'm a coward and disgusting and—", Lucius took a deep breath, trying to control the tears flooding his eyes. "I'm sorry, son. I can't expect you to forgive me... But just know that if I... If I survive this, I'll spend my entire life making it up to you and your mother—"

Draco stood up and hugged him. Lucius' words stopped escaping his lips as soon as Draco's tears hit his covered shoulder. The blonde man held his son tightly and shut his eyes as his own tears started falling down.

"Fight for what's worth, Draco. Don't make the same mistake I did. Choose what's right not what's easier."

That hug meant the world to both of them. Lucius hoped that the hug, the things he tried to tell him helped Draco understand him better. He knew that there was no excuse for his actions, but he was willing to learn how to better each day. That hug spoke the untold words that Draco has always wanted to tell his father. I love you.

____________

The door of the Throne Room opened. The people present (Ananya: Ella's Fairy Godmother, Chancellor Monro, Duke Levies, a couple of princes and a few princesses) stood up. Four knights straightened their backs, each one standing by the corner of the Royal Room. The throne, that previously belonged to Queen Rose, was situated at the end of the room and right beside it there was the crown, protected by glass. It seemed to shine even more that day, with all its golden details and shiny diamonds. Despite the day being gray, sad and unwanted.

Diamond heels touched the red carpet delicately and slowly the door shut again, by the fairies once more. The Princess wore a white dress, which had golden and silver details. A soft melody played in the background along with the delicate magic dust leaving each fairy's body as their wings fluttered in the air. The delicate sound didn't stop the voice she had been hearing for months, it still continued to call her name, forcing her to shut her eyes.

In front of the throne stood a man, his light blue wings fluttered in the air. A man who looked like he had crowned her grandmother as well. Grey hair, long beard and a long blue tunic. Ella released a shaky breath at the sight of the crown and bowed down, once she had reached the man.

"You may sit down."

Her head was kept low, loud words invading her head as the man in front of her introduced himself to the few people.

The coronation was something she had already seen before, in another country though. The Princess knew what it was all about, the introduction, the oath and then the crowning.

"Ella Madden - Princess of France, Daughter of Rose the II and Donovan Madden, Granddaughter of Rose the I and Antoine Auguste, do you promise to rule the kingdom with kindness and clarity, even in times of difficulty and dishonesty?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to do everything in your power to keep each butterfly, unicorn, fairy, elf, wizard, witch and muggle safe?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to rule the kingdom until your descendent is ready to do so?"

Ella thought about it for a split second. Would she let her own child take her place? Would she have children in first place? Would she actually survive?

"I do."

The box made of glass was lifted by the fairies, letting the old man take the crown from the luxurious, red, velvet pillow.

"I am now proclaiming you Queen Ella of France.", he said lowly placing the crown on top of her head.

Ella looked up and then straightened her back, slowly turning around towards the few people left in her kingdom. There was no smile on her face as this was no happy moment for her. Her eyes found Ananya's, who was giving her hardest not to cry. The fairy smiled at her sadly and then looked away. Duke Levies was keen on catching the now Queen's eyes, but Ella refused.

Suddenly they heard a thunder explode in the sky, the soft melody fading away completely. The people were startled as they realized that what they had just heard, was nothing naturally regular. The Queen passed them and approached the knights who were already looking out of the window. A skull and a snake.

They were here.

____________

Thank you so much for reading this far. It means a lot to me that there are still people reading my story!

Any predictions on what's gonna happen next?

Do you think Ella & Draco are gonna end up together? 👀

Leave a comment and a golden star! Thank you & love you.

- belle.

. . .

Written the 8th of September 2021
Published the 20th of September 2021