BONUS CHAPTER (3)

BONUS CHAPTER; AURELIA
____________

— "COULD ANYBODY NAME this potion?", Slughorn looked around in hope of seeing a raised hand in the air.

A young golden haired girl raised her hand. The man smiled sweetly at her and nodded. "Yes, Miss Madden?"

"The Cure for Boils."

"Correct! Ten points to Hufflepuff! Moving on to the next preparation, students. Please make sure you pay attention, because—", Slughorn's words rang in the students' ears for another forty minutes. Aurelia sighed and quickly jotted down every few words he'd mindlessly say.

Aurelia's first year at Hogwarts was going well. Her parents had prepared her over the summer — mostly mentally, because they both knew the effect of stress on a child. They introduced her to the Hogwarts houses, making sure she was aware that her placement wasn't going to be relevant.

"When you're unsure about things, just raise your hand, darling. Okay?", Draco told her as he was braiding a strand of her hair. He gently took the two braided strands and brought them to the back of her head, tying them there.

"Yes, daddy.", Aurelia nodded. The little girl wasn't as little as Draco had still wanted her to be. It made his heart ache, sending her away for so long. He knew what Hogwarts did to him; he had great friends and education wise it was great. Though knowing his own mistakes, he wanted to make sure his little girl didn't follow his steps.

"There you are!", their heads turned at the sound of another bubbly voice. Draco's heartbeat sped up at the sound of her enthusiasm, though he knew that Aurelia going away was keeping her up at night. They had a special bond.

"Hi, love. The bunnies okay?", Draco brushed Aurelia's hair off her shoulders and walked towards Ella. She smiled at his question and nodded.

"They're doing great. Though Gas Gas hasn't been doing so good, I'm afraid.", Ella sighed a little and set her gardening gloves on the counter.

Aurelia's eyebrows furrowed at her words. "What's wrong with Gas Gas, mommy?", she walked towards her mother and looked up at her. Ella crouched down, taking in the styled hair. She smiled at her.

"Daddy did a good job with your hair.", her eyes moved on Draco, who coughed lightly, though the blush across his cheeks couldn't go unnoticed. "Did you say thank you, baby?"

"Thank you, daddy. I love my hair."

"You're welcome, lovie.", Draco caressed her cheek, smiling a little at her sweet words.

Ella stood up again, fixing the skirt of her dress. "Gas Gas has a little injury. I'm not sure yet, but he'll be fine.", Aurelia smiled at the sound of her horse getting better.

"I'd like to share a word with you, darling.", Ella said, looking at her daughter, smiling. Aurelia nodded and excitingly walked away with her mother, though not before calling out Draco for not being a part of their girl talk.

Ella winked at him and left to the balcony. A flash of memories clouded her vision for a moment, suddenly being reminded of that moment all of those years ago. The day she revealed Draco Aurelia's true identity.

They sat down on the chairs, their eyes wandering around the garden, their ears welcoming the sound of the waterfall.

"I know that dad has given you so much advice for your first year, love.", Ella started, her lips involuntary forming a smile at the thought of Draco warning their little girl about all the trouble she may come across. Ella knew that Aurelia wasn't willing to hurt a fly, let alone hanging out with certain people just to seem cool. Though she appreciated Draco telling her that.

"He's given me cool advice, mommy.", Aurelia smiled and waved her hand around shortly. The water in the little pond separated at the motion.

"I'm just gonna give you two. Dad's probably said everything anyways.", Ella laughed a little, making Aurelia giggle as well.

"He told me that if I touched a boy's hand, I would turn into a puddle of water.", the woman rolled her eyes at Draco's lame excuse.

"I don't believe him. Dad's jealous of our powers.", Aurelia crossed her arms on her chest and turned her head to the side. Ella smiled at her.

"One advice from me is for your powers, darling.", she started, gaining her daughter's attention. "With me it was a little different, because when I was your age, I didn't have the magic you have now...", Ella sighed and breathed out, trying to stay focused.

"Not everyone is going to be supportive of your magic, lovie. Some people are mean and some are kind. Before you show someone your power, trust them.", Aurelia understood her mother's words. She appreciated Ella's honesty and openness.

"Your second advice?"

"Be kind, Aurelia. Even a little kindness goes a long way."

Draco smiled at her words. Kindness goes a long way indeed. Ella's advice was of extreme value and by the pleased look on Aurelia's face, it seemed like she appreciated it as well. It felt like his heart grew another size as his girls shared a warm hug. His little family. His home.

"Ah Minnie, that girl is brilliant.", Slughorn was beyond excited to add another jewel to his crown of successful students.

Professor McGonagall agreed and sipped her wine. "She is brilliant indeed.", she made no effort in continuing the conversation since she had had a long day. Horace was dying to brag about how he was young Aurelia's parents' matchmaker.

"I remember them two kids.", he started off. The lights in the Great Hall fading in the background as memories made their way in the Professor's head. The rest of them chatted lightly with the other, Minerva and Horace being the only ones who survived the war and didn't retire from teaching.

"The things they went through... Who would've thought they matched each other so well.", Slughorn wondered out loud, though his words made the Headmistress think.

"Love is an interesting emotion. It makes you do things you never thought of doing...", Minerva shared with him her thoughts. "And joining Albus' side in the end was Draco's doing. Ella helped, but it was him who made the right choice."

Slughorn found her words interesting. "You know Draco more than I do.", Minerva sighed at his words and let memories of a young Malfoy play in her head.

"Draco was a brilliant child and his family's traditions influenced him. I knew his mother, a kind hearted woman who married someone opposite to her... A man who was raised under the wrong traditions and beliefs...", the Headmistress didn't know where she was going with her words — she was freely speaking her mind. She didn't even know she felt that way.

"Draco deserved so much more.", she concluded, making Horace think again. He had had him for just a year, though he was aware of his background and whatnot. He was happy to hear what McGonagall had to say.

"Aurelia is a brilliant child with brilliant parents. Draco's wits and Ella's kind heart are the result of that little girl."

Horace smiled at her words and sighed. Another eventful year awaited him.

____________

and that was the last bonus chapter 🥺 this is the end of just him. I can't fkcing believe it 🥺

final round of thank yous coming soon. xx

I love you so much

- belle

. . .

Written the 28th of June 2022
Published the 6th of July 2022