65 - The Rightful Heir

THE BEGINNING OF THE END; THE RIGHTFUL HEIR
____________

VOLDEMORT AND THE   Death Eaters have been defeated. Most of them were killed and a small part decided to surrender. Guards and fairies started to rebuild the castle, bringing it at a fairly quick pace back to its original state. Elves were ordered to start collecting the bodies, moving each of them in a casket.

A week after the war, the funerals were given and tears were shed. Some were buried in the cemetery near the castle and some back in Scotland.

They also found Duke Levies body. Crushed under one of the columns, probably due to the impact caused by the killing spell. His body was later on burnt - no casket could possibly want to contain such a body; a coward's. He didn't deserve that.

Most people from the Order went back home, since their families were there and France and its people were safe.

But Ella...

Draco sat on the bench by the corridor, waiting for his Queen to wake up. His head hung low, his thin, blonde hair fisted by his battered hands. He was tired, broken and lost. He hoped his mother and father found a way to get out of that circle, before the actual war at Hogwarts. He hoped. He was lost. Draco hoped for Ella to be fine, for her sister to not be a crazy bitch and for them to heal. That was all.

Footsteps echoed in the hall, making the blonde man slowly look up. he quickly brushed his hand over his eyes and blinked quickly, adjusting to the unusual bright light. It was Harry Potter. Draco stood up and sighed. He noticed the busted lip and cuts on his face. He probably looked the same.

"I wanted to thank you.", Draco spoke up. "I don't know what I would've done without your help o-or your friends... I owe them. You saved the kingdom.", he sighed. "You saved her."

Harry gulped, slowly shaking his head. "We are a team. We're not kids anymore, Draco. Took us a while to realize that, but, uhm, I'm glad we got there.", he pressed his lips together and slowly nodded with his head. Their eyes never meeting as the sudden awkwardness engulfed them.

"A-And by the way, it wasn't just us, I mean, yeah you're her boyfriend, so yeah, uh, that was the most support? Right, uhm, yeah."

"No, yeah, totally. Mhm.", Draco tapped the bridge of his nose, before rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, so, you're heading back to Hogwarts?"

"Yeah, back home.", silence followed, making them slowly realize that small talk wasn't something they were exceeding in.

"Alright, so, thanks again.", Draco extended his hand out for him to shake, which Harry quickly did nodding and thanking him again. They parted ways seconds later, making Draco breath out.

"What the fuck was that...", he muttered under his breath as he sat down again. He rubbed his face and sighed, shaking his head as the dumb words he had spoken in that short lived conversation replayed in his head.

"Yeah, man, what the hell was that? Talk much?", he frowned at the unfamiliar voice and slowly looked up. Though no one seemed to be standing in front of him. He closed his eyes and dropped his head down again.

"If that's how you usually are, then I've got no clue how my sister is supposedly into you.", Draco's eyes snapped open and that's when he stood up. He looked to his left and noticed a girl with crystal wings floating inched above the ground, long golden locks gracing her shoulders and a long, light blue dress adorning her body. This was no ordinary fairy serving the castle. This was Tiana, Ella's sister. The girl he stiffly carried back to the castle, thinking she was dead.