32 - Breaking Unbreakable Ice

____________

— "WELCOME HOME, ELLA.", Dumbledore welcomed her with a warm smile as he extended his hand out. Ella smiled at his gesture and noticed his hand.

"May I ask what happened to your hand, Professor?"
"It's nothing relevant, Princess.", he simply smiled again and dismissed further thoughts. "Mr. Filch, please tell Hagrid that the unicorns have arrived safely at Hogwarts. And Ella too.", Filch nodded and bowed, before he walked away. The way he seemed to bounce after each step he took threw Ella off. She sighed and looked away.

"How was your stay, Ella?", asked Dumbledore as he walked by Ella's side. The young woman didn't look at him as she gave him her answer.

"It was nice."

"I must say that I'm surprised to see you early at Hogwarts. Something happened?"

"Nothing relevant, Professor.", she said with a small smile.

"Alright, alright. I'd like to talk to you about something that happened some time ago. Unless, you had something planned for the evening."

"Oh no, nothing. Is it important?"

"Quite.", his answer made Ella unnoticeably gulp.

Students nodded in respect and bowed as they passed by her. They finally arrived in front of a gargoyle and Dumbledore said the words strawberry cheesecake. The statue moved, leaving Ella speechless once again. The castle never ceased to surprise her.

Dumbledore let Ella walk in first and he soon followed. The chair that Ella had frozen weeks ago, was now hidden in a corner of the antique room.

"Take a seat, Ella. Fancy a drink? I got this from an old friend of mine. Oranges and peaches. Seems sweet enough.", he muttered before he took out two small glasses and let them float to his desk.

Ella sat down on the chair prepared for her and looked at him, silently wondering why she was there in the first place.

"The 23rd of December, you were in Knockturn Alley. Am I correct?", his hands found a drawer and pulled it open, taking a newspaper.

"H-How do you know?", her manners didn't show due to her shock. She was truly shocked.

"So you were?", Dumbledore's question earned a nod from her.

"To answer your question, Ella. I had no idea until the Daily Prophet decided to write something about it.", his hands smoothed the paper as every finger touched each page. "All the news are about you. Or about what people thought was something that had to do with Dark Magic. No idea.", Dumbledore pulled off his glasses and handed the newspaper to her.

Ella's shaky hands reached for the paper and her eyes immediately fixed on the moving picture.
A man standing in front of a newly formed wave of ice. He immediately faded into a puff of smoke.

First Acts of Vandalism by Death Eaters - written by Joe Linney

"They think I'm a Death Eater?", Ella's eyes furrowed at the headline.
"They think that it was caused by a Death Eater, Voldemort's followers.", stated Dumbledore.

"Please go on."

The 23rd of December in a late afternoon, people started spotting the huge wave that is apparently made of some sort of ice. As experts prove, the ice is covered with some twisted dark spells that seem to belong only to a Death Eater.

"Absolutely.", responded Laurent Roux, a French wizard who was casually walking down the street.
"I strongly believe that this is Dark Magic. There is no other answer, is there?", he continued confidently.
"In France these acts are quite rare, due to our wonderful Queen"

Ella stopped reading that article and quickly continued with the other pages.

Second Act of Vandalism in Knockturn Alley - a paragraph written by Stephanie Davis.

It all happened the same day the first act took place in. Quite close to Burgin&Burke's shop.

(New endless candy at the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. -50%!)

The Princess smiled a little at the advertising. They were truly great people.

Burgin&Burke's door was broken by the same ice that was seen in the main street. For now, nobody knows who the guilty person is. All we can do is guess and hope that this was only a one-time thing.

"This is terrible.", muttered Ella, frowning as she folded the paper and placed it on the desk.

"I'm glad you understand the gravity of this problem, Ella. However, I don't believe that there is a way to fix it — the ice, for example. You can't break unbearable ice. Unless there's a person that can truly break it.", Dumbledore responded and Ella's eyes lightly squinted, thinking of Draco.

"You can break the ice. We can break what we create. Your father could produce fire and he also learned how to fix the unfortunates he caused.", the Headmaster explained.

"How?"

"Your mother was the only person that loved him and he loved back and as you might know, the only people that can put down fires - or in your case who can melt the ice - are the ones that love you and you love back. You just have to feel the person. You have to think like them - or dare I say - almost become that person. I know it's a lot of information. I believe that what I really have to tell you, will have to wait until next time. Good night, Ella."

_____________

Welcome to a new chapter! I hope that you enjoyed it! :)

Please tell me what you enjoyed and what you'd like to see next! xx

I love you.♡♡♡

your belle.

. . .

Published the 3rd Of November 2019.