2 - First Encounter

_____________

NOBODY DARED TO  say anything about any of the royal members present at Hogwarts. Everyone was incredibly careful about their moves and the carefree words that could escape their mouths.

Ella didn't know if she liked it. She had to be respected and that was acceptable. But she had to admit that she didn't like the stares she got every time she would pass by someone.

Today was her first lesson that was going to be taken by Professor Slughorn, who taught Potions. She was slightly nervous, but her excitement put her at ease.

As she entered the door, everyone got quiet and even the Professor looked at her as if she were some sort of undiscovered creature. "Excuse me for being late, Mr. Slughorn.", her delicate voice filled the room.

He blinked quickly and smiled. "Rubbish. You're always welcome Princess. Take a seat.", he laughed lightly and took a small chair for her. Ella entered completely the room and looked at the jealous stares she got from the girls in the class.

They all bowed as best as they could and Ella smiled at their clumsy gesture.

"When the Princess enteres this room, I want everyone to bow. Don't make yourself look like idiots.", the words of Professor Slughorn were repeated in their ears.

Ella sat down uncomfortably - due to her long dress - and watched carefully.
"Please do as I weren't here.", she told him and offered a smile.

"As you wish, Princess.", he bowed. "Now who could tell me what this potion is called?"

A girl with curly hair raised her hand and waited to be picked by the Professor. She didn't want to present herself as a showoff, not at all. That was just Hermione Granger's nature. Draco looked at the Princess, like everyone else. The students were mindlessly listening to the answer. Golden hair that fell on her shoulder, her dimples that would show every time she'd smile, chocolate brown eyes that showed beauty and kindness.

"Now please pair up. Princess?", everyone started standing up as they made eye contact with their partners. Professor Slughorn moved closer to her, bowed down, and then looked at her.

"It would be an honor to present you the student with the highest grade in this class.", Hermione's head looked up with her eyes that were glistening with hope, that was soon destroyed as Slughorn motioned Draco to come closer.

Draco was very surprised, but obeyed quickly.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Princess.", Draco bowed slowly and Ella looked at him with curiosity. Slughorn turned around to motion the students to continue their work.

"This Princess, is Draco Malfoy.", the Professor presented the blonde boy. "And Mr. Malfoy as you know this is Princess Ella.", Slughorn smiled.

Ella smiled at the boy with platinum blonde hair and she for once didn't feel like blue eyes represented necessarily bad.

"I, uhm, would like to talk to Mr. Malfoy alone, if it's possible of course, Mr. Slughorn.", Slughorn hid his surprising feeling, smiled and nodding with his head. "Would you like me to find you an extra classroom, Princess?", he offered, but Ella shook her head at his words.

"The corridor is fine, sir, thank you."

"I'll let you two alone then.", Slughorn bowed once again and moved away, controlling each student's potion.

Draco and Ella slowly walked out of the huge room, suddenly engulfed by an awkward silence.

"I heard some things about you Mr. Malfoy.", she walked slowly down an empty corridor with the blue eyed boy beside her. "May I ask what, Princess?", he turned his head to look at her.

The truth was that Ella had done some research. As a member of the Royal Family she was allowed information from honest and legal resources. Also, her room back in France offered a lot of books she liked to check out in her infinity amount of free time. She stumbled upon stories of students at Hogwarts. And the story of Draco Malfoy was an intriguing one. Well, at least the glimpse she got, since it was mostly all of the Malfoy family. Though, it seemed like one from a real book. She wondered when his plot twist was going to happen.

"I've been told that you're a very clever guy. And that in potions you're a tad better than Hermione.", she whispered and he laughed lightly.

"I guess I'm good.", Draco indirectly agreed with her. He sighed and then looked at the walls. When was the last time someone cleaned here? He thought.

"Other subjects that you're good? Or maybe your favorite book—"

"Princess, I'm terribly sorry...", Draco felt kind of bad for interrupting the little rant she had going on. It was adorable really. He thought a little deeper. Did she actually have someone to rant to?

His words made her stop. Her lips pressing together as slight embarrassment invaded her. "Sorry.", she murmured under her breath.

"No, no, no, It's cool, really. Uh, just, uhm, I don't understand what I could help you with. If I can be honest with you... I wouldn't recommend me... Uh, Granger?", his slight stutter made her own embarrassment fade away into thin air. His unsure words made her smile a little.

"You'd recommend Granger?", the slight playful tone was not captured by him, who started to turn a little red in the face. "What for?", she pushed the question, eagerly waiting for the answer.

"Chit chat? I-I don't know—"

Ella laughed at his words, shaking her head. Draco breathed out and almost smiled at the sight and sound. He was mesmerized. Once again.

"Well, quite frankly, I don't even know why I picked you. You're right, though, Hermione would be great for deep talks and uh, chit chats.", Draco looked down as a small smile started appearing on his lips. "Mother recommended I make friends, since we don't know the exact time we'll be staying here."

Draco's lips parted at her words. A friend. She wanted him to be her friend.

"I hope you don't mind... Maybe, uh, even saying hi sometimes... No biggie, really.", the insecurity in her words captivated him. Why on earth would someone not be her friend?

"Say hi?", now it was her turn to change color.

"I'm Draco.", the small smile was now inevitable. His hand extended for her to shake. Ella blinked, her gaze shifting from his eyes to his hand. She internally squealed in excitement and let her hand touch his. The contact made her breathing cease for a short moment.

"I'm Ella."

They were Draco and Ella. No title.

_____________

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! 🥰🍉

_

Questions Of The Day:

1. What's your favourite part of the chapter?

1a. Why?

2. How do you feel about their encounter?

3. What's your opinion on Professor Slughorn? 👀

4. What's your favourite thing about Ella?

_

Stay safe,

belle. x