14 - The Breakdown

_____________

DRACO WAS LYING on his soft bed with his blue eyes stuck looking at the fair colored ceiling. The window in his room was open, the curtains flew due to light wind that blew in the cold air, letting everyone have a lovely view of the silver bullet outside.

Draco couldn't sleep, his brain clouded with different thoughts and his opinions on the future that seemed so far away. The silk pajamas he had put on, made his skin cover in goosebumps — he noticed after a while.

The blonde boy stood up to shut the window and right then he heard a loud tud that made his head turn towards the direction the noise came from. After the noise, quick footsteps followed letting the anxiety possess his body.

"Draco! Draco! Please open the door!", a voice banged its fists against his door.

What was so important so late? Also, why would anyone call him?

"Yes?", he opened the door and a little body fell against him. The little body belonged to little Meredith, the girl Ella often spent her time with.

"Draco! Draco!", tears kept falling from her eyes and Draco's eyebrows furrowed as confusion spread all over his face.

"What's wrong?", he asked letting his face change into a concerned one.
"E-Ella. S-She was in t-the air a-and fell and now s-she's s-shaking.", Meredith covered her face with her hands. Draco's brain didn't understand right away what the young girl meant, and before he could say anything he took her hand and with his wand he quickly made another pair of clothes appear on his body.

"Where is she, little one?", Meredith answered Draco's question by pointing her finger towards the corridor she came from.

His footsteps were long and quick making the destination shorter. Draco was surprised that no one already came to the rescue. "T-There she is!", Meredith pointed at the shaking body and Draco let her quickly on her feet.

Terrorized, Draco took a slight step back, while Meredith approached Ella's body and started crying on her. "Draco...", Meredith whispered as Draco's terrified eyes looked at the scene in front of him.

"Who?", Draco pushed the young girl's boundaries.

"P-Pansy—"

"Students— Princess Ella!", Professor Snape appeared out of nowhere as he took quick steps towards the shaking body, while eyeing Draco.

"What happened Miss Brown?", Meredith couldn't keep her sobbing any longer and the tears simply fell out of her eyes, like water out of fountains. Ella's body slowly stopped shaking and Professor Snape made her float in the air as Draco's face got paler and paler after every second.

"Go back to your dormitory. Mr. Malfoy, you follow me.", and with that Meredith nodded slowly and left, waving at Draco, who looked sadly at her and soon after, followed Professor Snape and Ella's dead looking body.

"What happened here?", Slughorn's voice roared and soon, as he was seen, other professors followed him, all of them looking tired and little mad.

"Severus?", Professor McGonagall said his name out loud, looking at the floating body incredulously.

"Black Magic...", muttered Slughorn as his eyes were on the necklace.
"Any witnesses? Mr. Malfoy, what are you doing here?", questioned calmly Dumbledore, whose eyes moved from the body and looked with the only student in the corridor.

"Miss B-Brown, s-sir.", Draco stuttered, not able to meet the headmaster's fair and calm eyes. "Could you tell everyone what happened Mr. Malfoy?"

"Miss Brown knocked on my door, wanting to tell me that Ella- the Princess' body was shaking. T-That's all I know, Professor.", tears started making its way in Draco's pale eyes, and all the stares weren't helping him so much.