39 - Ball Organization

these wonderful people have voted, commented and supported me lately! thank you! It means a lot. 🥰♡ yourenotluke bellsmarvel sophia_j07 -obliviated

___________

THE PRINCESS LOOKED  confusingly at all the stuff she had received. It couldn't be all from her mother. Her mother was generally a mild person — never too nice or mean.

The Lovely Ella at the beginning strangely stressed her out and without doing it purposely, snowflakes appeared around her again.

A ball to organise all by herself. She would see her mum again. That means going back to France and... most probably never seeing Draco again...

A knock startled her thoughts. She lightly jumped in her seat, but quickly brushed dry tears away. The young woman pressed the robe closer to her shivering body. A faint "Come in." filled the room.

She hadn't expected Albus Dumbledore to enter the room, but he was there.
"Good evening, Ella. May I come in?", he opened the door and after the Princess nodded, he found her sitting on her bed.

"I heard you were awake so I thought that it was time to share some news with you.", he walked towards her and quickly made a chair appear, on which he later sat on.

"Uhm, sure.", Ella let a small smile wander on her lips. It was nowhere near real, but after everything during the evening, that was all she could offer.

"Months ago... After your mother left Hogwarts, she had a meeting with Lord Voldemort.", her body went rigid at the mention of the name. "I assume you know who he is?", he started, making her still once again, though she nodded.

"I have a slight idea..."

"He's an evil man — if we're considering him something like that — your father worked for..."

"My father?"

"Yes, Ella. He was one– if not the best Death Eater Voldemort ever had, because he could control fire as you know. One day, he chose to stop working for him, because you were little and he wanted to take care of you...", Dumbledore stopped, but soon continued. "Let me just tell you, that no one has ever come out alive..."

"So... he died.", she wanted him to confirm and with a nod he did. "My mother has always said that he left us..."

"She protected you—"

"By hiding the truth from me?"

"Once you have the chance, Ella, you'll understand her actions."

Silence filled the room again. It wasn't uncomfortable, because the truth had been revealed and Ella was rethinking everything again.

"I received a letter from my mother...", Ella slowly started and moved her body to the side so that she could take the letter she had read before. She handed it to the old man in front of her, who already had an expression of confusion covering his face.

"Queen Rose?", the Princess nodded at his words. He lightly shook his head, took her letter and carefully started reading.

"It's odd, don't you think?", Ella surprised him by saying that. He kept reading and once he was done, he folded it and set it on his lap.