16 - Liquid Luck

____________

"DRACO! I SWEAR  I'm fine!", exclaimed Ella as Draco followed her towards her room.

"You're not fine, Ella!", Draco hissed to her, in hope that nobody heard them talking in the middle of the empty corridor. Ella rolled her eyes at his curious behavior. He took her hand in his and motioned to her to stay silent. Her cheeks gained that familiar red color again.

The only noise heard, was the one caused by their light and quick footsteps. Once they entered her room, they saw that it was well cleaned and that it smelled like new. Ella locked her door and let her back gently rest against the it, while Draco made his way towards her bed.

"I don't understand.", Ella sighed at his words.
"How can you pretend that nothing happened? The French Government wanted to literally kill that girl! And you don't have a reaction! Oh c'mon Ella!", he stood up frustrated.

"Kill Pansy?", Draco rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Draco...", she moved closer to him and hesitantly took his hand in hers. Draco looked at their joined hands and then moved his gaze to look at her.

"I was worried...", he muttered lowly. Ella sighed, looking back at their hands. Why did that feel so natural? Why did that feel normal? Like their hands were supposed to connect in that way?

"I really don't want to fight.", she said tiredly and pressed her lips to his cheek, hoping to cool him down. Draco's body relaxed at the feeling, yet that burning in his chest was bigger.

"I also don't want to fight, Ella... It's just— I don't understand how you can take that so easily. As if nothing happened!", Ella rolled her eyes at his exclamation.

Here we go.

"I just want to know...", he sighed and decided to hug her.

"Nobody deserves that. Not even the person who tries their best to destroy you in any way.", Ella let her head rest deeper against his warm clothed chest.

"Nobody?"
"Nobody.", the confirmation made his sigh.

_____________

"Good morning, Princess! Hope you're feeling alright!", said a girl waving to her.

"Have a wonderful day, Princess!"

"Don't let anyone drag you down, Princess!"

"See you in Potions, Princess!"

That day students seemed louder than usual and Ella wasn't used to all of that attention. That day, Ella wore a beautiful dark green dress and all the jewelry she was used to wearing. Strangely enough, she found it hidden beneath her bed. She didn't question the matter further, since the jewelry was found after all. Case closed.

As she was making her way towards Potions, Ella thought of the day before. Their secret hugs, kisses to their cheeks and subtle hand holding. The Princess wasn't sure if their actions were then ones between friends. Would she act like that with Meredith? Probably not. Why couldn't they confront each other, about their feelings? She didn't understand.

She finally entered the classroom and was met by the Gryffindors and Slytherins, who fell in silence as the Princess entered the classroom. Ella bowed slowly, and noticed that Professor Slughorn was missing. Just as she wanted to sit down, the Professor made his appearance clear and sighed happily.

"I apologize students. I talked with Professor Snape about some stuff that involves the subject. He really loves to help people, doesn't he?", Gryffindors cringed while the Slytherins snickered at his naivety.