60 - The War

THE BEGINNING OF THE END; THE WAR
____________

ELLA LOOKED AT   the sky and sniffled silently. Ananya placed a hand on her shoulder, making the Queen turn around. She gave her a short nod, letting the Fairy know that all the knights and guards had to gather in front of the castle.

The princes and princesses invited were told to follow quickly two fairies who showed them the safest way to get out of the castle. They stepped in their carriages and with a spell, disappeared in the cold air.

Duke Levies seemed to have other plans though. He didn't follow any of the panicked fairies. He stayed in the Throne Room, looking at the Queen, who was talking to her Fairy Godmother on how to approach to situation. Ananya's eyes suddenly met the Duke's cold ones. Ella noticed her gaze shift and she too noticed the man.

"I didn't think that the Queen's order wasn't clear enough, Monsieur Levies.", the fairy spat out bitterly. The man simply smirked at her tone and then looked at Ella.

"The Queen's orders are to be followed, Miss, I'm aware. However I think I can allow myself to... Not follow them fully? Right, Your Majesty? All I wanted was to share two quick words with you, Your Majesty and then I'll go.", Ananya looked furious at the words that came out of the dirty man's mouth. It looked like she was giving her best not to explode.

"It'll be quick, Ananya, don't worry. In the meantime could you please tell Chancellor Monro to protect the castle? Just a few spells to slow them down. The guards and knights should help as well.", the fairy nodded and shot a glare to Duke Levies, who simply kept his little pleased smirk on his face.

"Make it quick, there's a war going on outside. My people need me.", the Duke laughed a little at her words. "Just wanted to remind you, Your Majesty. I'm looking forward to spend every day of my life with you."

Ella froze at his words, but quickly cleared her throat. "I have not forgotten, Monsieur. The deal was after the war is over."

"Again, my Queen, just wanted to remind you.", he bowed and started turning around.

"You're not going to fight?", Ella dared to ask him.

The man turned around with a surprised look on his face, yet quickly changed to his usual arrogant self. "It's not my kingdom yet, is it? Why would I fight for something that isn't mine?", he snickered and walked away.

"Because you're a coward, that's why.", Ella muttered under her breath. She took a deep breath and then pulled out her wand, looking at it and sighing. "I'd rather die than marry that pathetic excuse of Royalty."

The Queen took notice of the silence reigning in the castle. The corridors were empty and dark, making her shudder. Slightly reminding her of the ones at Hogwarts. Her heels echoing and her dress sliding on the floor, but her heartbeat was louder. The gardens weren't recognizable anymore; the rows of guards and knights not letting a single flower in sight as snowflakes were falling carelessly on everybody's heads and bodies.

The men and women let Ella walk through, making her reach the top rows. She stood in front of them and then turned around to face her people.

"Whatever happens tonight... Know that you've made your kingdom proud and that I, as your Queen, am honored to have you by my side.", the people nodded respectfully at her words and then Ella turned around, spotting the magical barrier. They were on the other side of it.

Lord Voldemort stood in front of his followers just like Ella was standing in front of her people. His dirty smile sending chills down her spine as another witch laughed with him. She recognized her: it was Bellatrix Lestrange, a woman she almost killed. Even though all Ella wanted to do, was severely injure her - nothing else.