35 - Monster

_____________

DRACO LOOKED AT  Ella and felt something inside him. It wasn't love, no. He never had a chance to understand what love was. Everything was rushed; them dating, the task, Christmas, the break they had from each other.

Love stopped existing when his tea wasn't as sweet anymore. And when his favourite meal stopped tasting as good as it was before.

Draco cared about Ella, of course. He was completely sure of that. But love? Not really. He didn't have his own life in his hands and he had to have someone else's too?

"I really care about you.", he was sitting on the bed they had given her. His hand held hers, feeling the cold skin. "I can't love you, Ella. But I really, really care about you. And because I generally care, I have to leave you and continue with that."

Draco didn't expect her to understand.
He just didn't want to leave in bad terms.

His weak body was tempted to leave, because the cold became unbearable, but right then, he could feel something.

The spark around their hands, whenever they touched, was still there. A detail Draco didn't pay any attention to, because if he did then he wouldn't have said those words to the girl.

Ella's hand felt warmer under his touch and when he sensed that she was about to open her eyes, he stood up, looked at her for the last time and left.

______________

"I'm really sorry for this, uh, allegation? I swear I didn't mean to.", Ella quickly said as she noticed that Madam Pomfrey was collecting all the water.

"No worries, dear. It happens.", the woman smiled at her and quickly continued with her job.

The woman finished and left the room, leaving Ella with a weird sensation.

Why was she there in the first place?

She couldn't remember anything.

"Ah, I see you woke up Ella.", Dumbledore smiled at her as soon as he walked in the room.

"I did. Just a couple of minutes ago.", she muttered and looked at him.

Dumbledore took the cup of tea that Madam Pomfrey had left behind and let it float until it reached the girl's hands.
"Thank you.", she suspiciously looked at the drink and chose to take a sip anyway.

"How are you feeling?", he asked, the sound of his voice distracted. The old man was examining the walls that were previously covered with the ice.
As it melted, it still had left some scratches.

Curious.

"Weird.", she honestly answered.
"Oh and I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Ella.", Dumbledore's eyebrows furrowed at her words, as if he hadn't understood correctly.

The man turned his head and looked at her with attentive eyes.
"You don't know who I am?", he dared to ask and carefully looked at her.

Her eyes weren't brown and her hair wasn't golden.
The eyes were blue and the gold of her hair turned into white.

The young woman shook her head.
"I'm sorry."