62 - The Truth

THE BEGINNING OF THE END; THE TRUTH

____________

 ELLA'S EYES COULDN'T   stop noticing the dead bodies on the snow. There were more fallen Death Eaters than French, but a dead body was a dead body after all.

The Queen passed by countless of fairies who were helping the injured and nodded with her head respectfully. This war indeed didn't spare anybody, but at least the villages nearby were evacuated and most of the kingdom was safe.

The frozen tear from Ananya made her shudder. She held it and whenever she blinked, she saw her in her death bed.

"I am right though. You've already lost your mother and your father. Killing the youngest Malfoy wouldn't be any different. They all have no relation to you. "

Voldemort's words rang in her head, but she couldn't connect the dots. Ananya wanted her to find out the truth about everything that has happened so far. What would change once she found out everything? Her nervousness couldn't be controlled as thicker snowflakes started cascading down the sky.

Her hand held Ananya's tear and a tear of her own started rolling down Ella's cheek at the thought. The Queen's feet touched the snow and then met the hard and rough surface of the castle's floor. After each step she took, the stony pavement froze. Her legs carried her to the other side of the castle, which was fortunately still intact.

Ella reached her late mother's room, she opened the door and found the secret room she and Draco inspected weeks ago.

The piano was there and so was the green velvet book. Her eyes wandered around the room and that was when she noticed the shiny water from Dumbledore's pensieve. The last time she had used it was when she helplessly found comfort in a cave.

As if the object had read her thoughts, it started moving towards her and it stopped right beside the piano. The Queen took a deep breath and let the icy tear drop in the magic water. It started slowly turning grey and the shades started turning darker after each second. As her face was about to touch the surface, Ella felt her entire body falling — she knew she didn't though.

Shadows started forming beside her and once she finally landed, she looked around. She was at Hogsmeade. Her dress wasn't torn, nor was there blood on her skin. No crown on her head.

Ella approached the bridge, walking past wizards and witches. She now knew that she was invisible and the fact gave her a comforting feeling. However, among the people wearing pointed hats, there was only one woman who wasn't wearing one.

Ella stopped walking to take a better look at her; white hair, blue eyes and a long white dress. The woman was holding a baby, wrapped in white and baby blue blankets. She walked towards a bench and sat down, the cold, snowy weather not seeming to be bothering her or her infant. There was a permanent smile on her face as she looked at her child, her index poking the baby's nose gently.

The Queen smiled at the scene. Suddenly, clogs were heard from afar. Ella turned around and noticed a black stallion approaching the woman and her baby. The man was wearing a hood and a thick coat. She couldn't recognise him immediately. The white haired woman smiled at the man, who then pulled his hood down.

Donovan Madden. Ella's father.

"Hello, darling. Hi, angel.", Donovan kissed the forehead of the woman and then crouched to kiss the baby's cheek. The baby giggled and thew its little dainty hands in the air.

Ella couldn't believe her eyes. There had been another woman in her father's life?

Donovan sat down and wrapped an arm around the woman's shoulder. He moved his hands and created a small phoenix of fire, which started flying around the baby. The baby giggled once more and tried to catch the little fire creation. The white haired woman shook her head and with one single finger touched the fire, which instantly turned into ice. She caught it and gave it to the baby, who immediately started chewing on it.