44 - Her Own Battle

____________

 THE DEATH EATERS  hit the ground as it was slippery and frozen. They hissed but quickly managed to stand up and curse loudly.

"Out! Out! Out!", Ella pushed Harry away from her and tried to open the door. The door was closed as she forcefully tried to open it. 

"Let me try.", Harry quickly grasped his wand, though his hand shook as nervousness took over him. He quickly muttered a spell that sent the wood flying everywhere, making her slightly flinch. They both got out and caught a glimpse of the Death Eaters at the end of the stairs.

"Where is she?!", a female voice boomed. Harry slipped on the ice too, painfully hitting the ground, but Ella kept walking and at some point she started running, her hands holding the dress from getting tangled with her feet. There was no time to realize that the letter from her mother was fake and that it was actually a set up to get to her.

Colors from various spells hitting objects. Suddenly, a small statue of a goblin got hit by a spell and it started falling on Ella. She briefly looked at it and then it was frozen, the goblin hit the ground without harming the Princess. She froze it using her mind. She didn't notice.

She lost sight of the Death Eaters, but when she heard screams from the Great Hall, she knew that they reached that room too. The statues, candles, windows and doors were destroyed. Her eyes followed the falling objects, her ears heard the screams and her nose smelled the burnt from the candles.

Students started rushing out of the Great Hall as they were probably guided to their Common Rooms. The crowd of students got crazy and there was no way Ella could get away and follow them. She had her own battle to fight.

She pushed some students and then followed the path of destroyed objects. They were directed outside and despite not knowing what she was going to do, she followed them and hoped for some kind of revenge.

Ella kept running, even with several people looking at her from the corner of their eye, wondering why she was running in the opposite direction of everyone else. And suddenly she understood that the Death Eaters were directed outside and with a crazy beating heart, she followed them.

But once I reach them, what am I going to do?

Do you ever get that feeling? You want to do something, but you don't know why? You don't know the reason of that determination and sudden willingness.

Suddenly, they were outside. Laughter she'd hear from the villains in the air and once again a horrible, burning smell.

"No!", she screamed when suddenly Hagrid's hut was on fire. Laughter again, but certain bodies stopped moving at the sound of her voice. Messy, blonde hair and shining grey eyes. He knew she was there as he carefully turned around. His eyes full with panic as they wordlessly nudged her to go away. Her eyes filled with tears and frustration as she knew that the end was there.

"No? Who was it?!", it was Bellatrix, who screamed this time. She turned around and found the girl. Bellatrix smiled widely at her, a sudden excitement exploding in her chest as she had finally found her. The Dark Lord was going to praise her for that, oh how happy he was going to be.

"As much as I'd like to personally kill her, she has to be alive. Greyback! Get her!", and suddenly she heard screams once again, trees falling down to block her path and growls coming from unknown directions. The ends of her dress ripped and covered in dirt.