34 - Old Love Never Dies

_____________

— "ALBUS, I EXPÈCT AN  explanàtion to this.", Loglen Mastrid made a quick trip to Hogwarts. He was a messenger sent by the France's government, looking for information from the Queen.

"There's no explanation, my friend Loglen.", they walked into Dumbledore's office and let the middle-aged man sit down.

"She's dead and she won't come back.", he bluntly said. "She died months ago. Voldemort killed her.", Mastrid's eyes noticeably widened at his words.

He took a deep breath and with one hand, he opened one side of his coat and took from the pocket an old looking parchment paper.

"This is from hèr Majèsty the Queen. Words from days àgo. And her name is right on the bottòm.", Loglen placed his glasses on top of his nose, placed the document on the table and pointed the Queen's signature.

"I see, I see, Loglen. But do you thing it's that hard to falsify a name?", the man sitting in front of Albus felt offended by such words.

"Monsieur, Dumbledòre. With all the due rèspect, do you take us as fools? Do you think we don't have màgic spells on documents? This is obviously from the Queen. And these are hèr last words.", Albus sighed and made a bottle of some sort of wine float, a glass immediately followed and it reached the French man.

He took the paper in his hands and read the words carefully. The French man helped himself and at the third glass of Italian wine, he noticed that Albus wasn't reading anymore and that the paper was on the table.

"Sò?"

"Give me two weeks time."

"I don't thìnk—"

"I'm pretty sure I have two bottles of that same wine right here somewhere."

"Accordèd, monsieur Dumbledore."

_____________

"Severus, I'd like to ask you to identify this and where it came from."

"Of course, Albus.", Snape took the ancient looking paper and looked carefully over each word.

"Any idea of why they want the girl, Albus?", the black haired man muttered while continuing with his job.

"I don't think that Voldemort wants anything from the girl, but her power. It's obviously impossible, since she's safe here and somehow the news failed to reach him.", Dumbledore explained, before he sat down on his arm chair and massaged the sides of his forehead.

"And we all thought that dividing a soul would have been impossible. Yet he did that seven times. Nothing's that impossible, Albus.", Severus answered slowly and rolled the paper.

"I'm not sure I get what you're implying, Severus."

Snape sighed and walked towards the Headmaster's desk, standing in front of it.

"The Queen is dead, Albus. And..."

"I'll be soon too, I'm aware, Severus. I'm aware.", Dumbledore finished the sentence for him.