5 - Care of Magical Creatures

_____________

— "MAY I HAVE  your attention, please?", Dumbledore stood up from the dining table and asked, his wand pointed towards his mouth.

"I just wanted to announce an event that is going to take place in a few weeks. As we all know, or maybe some of you.", he smiled and soon continued. "Queen Rose, is going to leave the castle in six days and I had an idea about having a ball that everyone had the chance to attend. We had a similar ball, if you remember the Yule Ball. The rules are going to be almost the same; it's either the girl asking the boy or the boy asking the girl. Or boy and boy or girl and girl. We don't judge.", he smiled, looking at the students in front of him.

Ella was kind of excited at the sound of Dumbledore's words.She wished to dance with somebody that she liked. The first person she thought of, was the only guy she really interacted with. Draco.

But what if he didn't want to? What if he was too busy? Or what if Draco went to the ball with Pansy? All these thoughts were flying in Ella's mind, and she was truly worried about not going to the ball with the person she liked.

Draco listened to Dumbledore's words. He wasn't exactly thrilled by the idea, but dancing with a certain someone made him feel things.

"But, Queen Rose offered to do that the night of her return. When it's going to happen? We have no idea, but for now get yourself a date and behave the way you should. For all, there are going to be two dancing lessons taught by Professor McGonagall. Please don't miss it.", Dumbledore smiled and wished everyone a good night.

After the long speech, Ella stood up from the long, brown table and started heading towards the exit of the Great Hall.

Some students started walking downstairs, some were getting a conversation with different Professors, while Draco had another destination stuck in his mind; it definitely wasn't the Slytherin Common Room.

_____________

The next day, Ella was going to have the opportunity to take part to one of the lessons that she always found interesting: Care of Magical Creatures. She was thrilled at the idea of learning about creatures she had never heard of before.

Queen Rose was asked by Hagrid himself, if he could borrow the unicorns for his lesson. She hesitantly agreed and let him have a couple of her best creatures.

The young Princess was very excited, beacuse even if she literally owned the special horses, she didn't know anything about them and maybe they would love her a bit more, if she knew their favourite food and hair product. Ella just knew one thing about them: they enjoyed getting their hair braided. Unicorn's hair is very soft and at the same time it's very easy to mess up; if you don't wash their hair regularly, their silver hair change into a dirty green and it'll stink incredibly bad. She witnessed all of that and from that day, she personally took care of their beautiful hair every time she had the time to.

Ella picked up the bottom of her silver dress up and exited her room and locked it with her wand. As she arrived, already all the students were in front of Hagrid's hut and as they heard the quick and light foot steps, they turned around and looked at her in awe.

"I'm utterly sorry, Professor Hagrid.", she said panting and started walking towards him, when the students made a path for her to walk through. Hagrid smiled kindly, bowed for her and soon the students repeated the gesture.

"It's completely alright, Princess.", he smiled once again and motioned with his hand the fence that had the unicorns trapped in.

"These are unicorns guys!", he exclaimed and some students rolled their eyes, while some stared with curiosity and the others tried to draw them on a piece of parchment.