52 - The Secret Room

long chapter ✨🥺

____________

DRACO LOOKED AROUND   and then back at Ella, who with glistening eyes was looking at the trees.

"It's just trees, Ella—"

"Oh my goodness, I'm finally home.", tears left her eyes and walked closer to the bark of one tree. She touched it and leaned her cheek against it.

Draco raised his eyebrows and shook his head. He decided not to question her actions. Wise decision.

"If your sister disappeared when you were little, how are we supposed to find her?"

"In the castle there's a book in which there are names and pictures of the Royal family. My guess is that we'll find her information there and–"

Ella!

Ella stopped talking and slowly turned around.

"Darling. You okay?", Draco walked towards her and placed a hand on her shoulder. Their eyes locked and then she heard the voice again. The Princess turned again and then looked at him again.

"Can't you hear it?", she whispered. Draco looked at her. "The voice... You can't hear it?"
The young man slowly shook his head. And then there was the voice again.

The unicorn also turned at the voice and suddenly just like it had magically appeared, it turned into water. The water simply disappeared.

"I have no words.", Draco stated as he simply stared at the place where the unicorn used to be.

"All of this is creepy. And I've lost you countless of times before, I'm not gonna do it again, so let's go, Ella.", he took her hand and started walking away, but the Princess didn't budge.

She released a deep breath and then out of a sudden fell on her knees.

"Ella, hold on to me.", he murmured to her and wrapped an arm around her waist. "We need to get you back to the castle. I've never been here before, but you know the way, right?", Ella weakly nodded and tried to stand on her own legs.

"Can you create the unicorn again, so we reach the castle faster, yeah?", she nodded again and moved her hands like she had done the day before.

No ice.

"I-I can't, I-I can't do it.", she sounded alarmed at the fact and even Draco was very surprised.
"What do you mean you can't? Maybe, uh, okay, remember the lake and the first time you stepped on it. It froze, right? Maybe try again?", but his tries failed, because Ella's touch didn't provoke ice anymore.

Ella shook her head and silently cried in chest, Draco collapsed on the ground as well, holding her tight.

"Ella, your hair is turning white... Oh my god... C'mon, hold on to me...", he grasped his wand and suddenly they disappeared. In a few seconds they were on the ground again, Ella a few feet away from him.

"Ella...", he weakly whispered and stood up. The young man assumed they were in a garden. The garden Ella described to him...