29 - Lies

_____________

 ELLA'S EYES COULDN'T  produce tears. Nothing. She numbly stared at Pierre's body. She stared at the body of a person that used to help her with everything. He was there for her and now he was dead. The Princess noticed how his eyes stayed wide open and how his arms rested against the grass, just like the rest of his body.

She couldn't believe it. And all because of a noseless and bald man.
She quickly asked herself why she wasn't moving anywhere; why she wasn't escaping the situation and why she was there in the first place.

Merry Christmas indeed.

"I want you to bring this man back in France. As a gift from me.", Bellatrix excitedly nodded and quickly called for a couple of elves to carry the body away. Narcissa stared at the grass and watched how the elves painfully moved.

"I hope your son is ready, Narcissa.", were the words coming from Voldemort.

"He is, my Lord.", she said absentmindedly. He nodded at her words and then disappeared accompanied by a loud crack.

"C'mon Sissy, let's go wrap him up.", once again, Narcissa absentmindedly nodded and disappeared with her sister.

As soon as the garden was free of people, Ella fell down on her knees and tried to keep her heavy breaths to herself. Draco quickly motioned to Meissa to follow him. They both ran towards the young woman.

"Ella, darling. Oh, no.", Draco knelt down beside her and quickly pulled her body on his lap, pressing her head to his chest. "Breath, darling.", his hand went up and down her arm as Ella tried to memorise the way his chest went up and down so that she could imitate his actions.

Meissa's mouth let out a small unnoticeable gasp as she recognised the face in front of her.

"Clear up your mind. Don't think about anything. You can do it, Ella. C'mon."

______________

"Is she awake?"

"Even if she were it'd be none of your business.", Meissa rolled her eyes at his words.

"Fine. I'll go. Tell the Princess that it was a pleasure meeting her."

"She'd think you're messing with her. Keep your stupid words to yourself, yeah? Please, thank you, goodbye."

"Have a nice day too, Draco."

Ella could hear everything now and her lips managed to form a small smile too. His personality wasn't going to change anytime soon. "Ella? Can you hear me, baby?", her eyes slowly opened and then her skin started to feel a certain coldness. She noticed some ice against the walls and slowly wondered why the girl he was with hadn't said anything about it.

"Water.", he followed the direction her finger was pointed to and reached for the glass. As his hand held the glass, the ice melted, yet the liquid was cold.

"There you go. Are you feeling better now?", Ella only nodded and Draco noticed that her mind was absent and that it was something that would be there with her for a while.

"I saw it too. Last night... I can't say sorry, because I don't know how it feels and I can't understand.", his hand grazed hers and her tired eyes met his.

"There are so many things that need to be explained, Ella. So many things that are so dangerous. But I can't. I promise that I've thought about that very often and I've tried, but I can't. I h-hope you'll understand."

But Ella couldn't understand. She probably wasn't going to either. Mostly, she didn't get why he walked out of the room with a sheet of tears covering his eyes. She was too tired and she wasn't going to understand even if she wanted to.

Before she could go back to sleep again, the door opened again. The person she had expected to enter wasn't there. It was Narcissa. Her face looked tired, her perfect hair slightly messy and her eyes were red from crying or from the lack of sleep. A woman who gave her best. 

"I hope I'm not disturbing you, Ella. But I would really like to talk to you, if you don't mind.", she sat on the chair that her son had left beside the bed and quickly looked at the ice covering the walls.

"I knew your mother, Ella. Very strict but so kind and brave. I, uhm, know about your power. Your mother and I met many years ago. Before you were born... And we kinda clicked. We were friends and then your father came in the picture. A British fella with clumsy actions and a love for strict manners. He liked the Dark Arts, Donovan. He was a great man.", she cleared her throat.

"The man that killed the French man last night, was the man that had killed your father. He's after you, darling and all I can s-suggest is for you to stay safe. Stay safe and perfectionate your powers. My son... I'm not sure that staying with him is going to guarantee a safe place in this war. Do whatever you think is right.", Narcissa stood up and hesitantly looked at her, until she decided to kiss her forehead and to leave the room.

Ella was left with so many thoughts. Too many thoughts for a clouded mind. Narcissa knew her mother, could that possibly mean she knew about her current whereabouts? And her father... Ella would've died to know more about him and his antics. She always heard people say he was a great man, but what had he done that was so great? Was joining that snake-like-man part of his greatness? Tears formed in her eyes as various thoughts wandered off once more. 

Lies. Lies. Lies.

______________

Welcome to another chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Please consider giving it a vote and a comment! :) xx

_

Quick Questions:

1.) What do you think is gonna happen next?

2.) How do you think Ella will react?

3.) When do think Draco is gonna kill Dumbledore?

_

Thank you for reading patiently! xx

Lots of love to you,

your belle. xx

. . .

Published the 22nd of September 2019.