FRIEND | [manga character]

Start from the beginning

     she knew it wasn't as serious as she thinks it would be; just by the look of your bright face, it wasn't.

     pieck hated it. pieck hated how it was a bugging mystery to her that ate her insides up amidst the silence. she hates how her brain decided to think up of some scenarios she knew wouldn't happen in a million years, bringing her hope up yet at the same time crushing her heart.

     why would she hope that you'd love her back just as much as she loves you? more than a friend should?

     no matter how close the two of you were for years, your feelings for her would forever stay in a platonic manner.

     and that's why she hated it.

     pieck snapped out of the scenarios she hated yet loved at the same time, cheeks slightly tinted pink. you were already done with dressing up to some comfortable clothes, your hair put up nicely. it didn't even look like you threw colt's ass on the ground earlier.

     you were so naturally beautiful in pieck's eyes, and she found herself loving you again and again.

     "let's go?" you asked her, earning a nod from the woman.

     the two of you exited the changing rooms in heavy silence, passing by different marleyan generals and officers that paid no heed to the two of you.

     you were fixing your sleeve when you felt yourself stumbling back after bumping to someone. "hey--" looking up, you caught sight of zeke's frowning face. "oh! w-war chief, i--"

     "it's fine, y/n, i wasn't looking as well." he smiled softly, and your heart suddenly went erratic. "oh, good job with training today. i heard you beat colt's ass multiple times, that's impressive."

     you tried to keep in the scream of joyfulness deep inside you, flashing a big smile instead with your cheeks tinted in pink. "t-thank you, that means a lot!" you stuttered out, a bit flustered at the sudden rain of compliments. especially from a man that you admire so much, or rather, like so much.

     with a nod, zeke excused himself and left you and pieck together alone in the hallway.

     your eyes followed his disappearing form, eyes blank and lips pursed together. pieck noticed how quiet you were after interacting with the blond, knowing that you'd often squeal and make so much noise when he gives you even the tiniest of attention.

     pieck glanced at you with her lips quirked downwards, "y/n? you okay?"

     "...i need your help on how to confess to him," you mumbled with a distant yet heart-eyes look in your face, "that's why i asked you to come with me today... so we can plan."

     pieck felt and heard her heart shatter, shoulders dropping down. "oh, is that so..." she replied back, trying to mask the sudden pain you unknowingly brought to her.

     "yeah, you'll help me, right?" looking away from zeke's form that was already gone, you stared at the black-haired woman with pleading eyes.

     how could she exactly decline? she was a good friend first before her feelings come second, even if it brought pain straight to her heart. pieck already knew she couldn't compete with zeke, and she has already accepted defeat long before you wanted to confess.