Chapter 62

Calla

"Open wide babygirl." I coo to Amelia who was sitting in her high chair and I was feeding her apple sauce. She looked down at the spoon and opened her mouth slightly, I smiled and stuck the spoon in. She slurped it down and I laughed at her cuteness. It's been exactly 12 months since I gave birth and Amelia had progressed a lot, she actually just turned one last week. Let me tell you how the party went.

1 week ago

"Calla I'm done fucking with these streamers, I swear to god!" Harry growls in frustration tossing the box of streamers on the ground. I roll my eyes and walk over to him.

"Harry you can't just throw things every time you're pissed off." I laugh and he gives me a pout.

"But baby that's how I deal with stress...Well that and fucking you." He grins and I scoff.

"No time for your dirty mind Harold, we gotta get these decorations up." I say picking up the box.

"Cal she's turning one not thirteen. We don't need to do all this." He whines.

"She's our only child and I want to do something special for her, and besides it's just going to be me, you, and the boys." I point out.

"I guess you're right." He sighs.

"Aren't I always?" I smirk and he chuckles.

"Whatever." He picks up a few balloons off the table and starts to blow them up.

"Your amigos have arrived!" Niall announces as he and the rest of the boys burst through the door.

"Hey idiots." Harry groans.

"Yo dickhead." Niall grins and Harry tries to hold back a growl.

"We bought party hats!" Liam cheers.

"Which I said multiple times we didn't need." Harry grumbles.

"Well I bought them anyways!" Liam shrugs.

"Where is our birthday girl?" Niall looks around the room.

"Napping." I state.

"Welp isn't that dandy?" Louis plops down on the couch.

"You better get your ass up and help." Harry throws a streamer from across the room at Louis.

"I am helping! I'm keeping the couch warm." He smirks.

"Louis." Harry warns.

Louis raises his hands up in surrender, "Alright."

I laugh and walk over to Amelia's crib only to find her wide awake.

"Happy birthday sweetie." I tickle her sides and she giggles. I pick her up and ruffle her curly brown hair. I think her hair will grow out to be as long as Harry's, considering the fact that she looks just like him. I sit her in her high chair at the table.

"Ready for your party?" I ask and a small smile forms on her face.

"I'll take that as a yes." I say.

"My baby is awake! Move." Niall runs towards me and pushes me out the way.

"Sure Niall bump right into me." I tell him sarcastically.

"My bad love, just wanted to see my favorite little niece." He ruffles Amelia's hair.

"She's your only niece." I remind him.

"Oh yeah." He frowns.

"Louis! Come say hi!" Niall shouts and I hear a pair of footsteps from across the room. Louis walks over to Amelia and smiles lightly.

"Happy birthday carrot." He pinches her cheek softly but what caught me completely off guard was when she made grabby hands towards him.

"W-What is she doing?" Louis asked confused.

"She wants you to pick her up." I giggle and he nods. Carefully he lifts her up from her arms and places her on his hip. I tried to contain my happiness. Louis really wasn't the affectionate type so this was definitely something to remember.

"Aww." Niall snickers.

"Don't." He mutters to him.

"Looks like you got a new buddy Louis." Harry enters the kitchen with a genuine smile.

"Um...I guess." Louis whispers as Amelia starts to mess with his hair.

"Okay that's enough little wolf, nobody messes with the hair." He says and hands her over to me.

I take her and place her back in the high chair. Looking around I see that all the decorations were up and the cake was on the table.

"Okay! It's time to celebrate!" I announce and every one cheers. All of us gather around the table including Anne and Gemma as we all sung happy birthday.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMELIA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" We all finish. Amelia starts to laugh as Harry smudges a piece of cake onto her face.

"Don't forget the party hats!" Liam says handing us one each.

"There is no chance in hell that I'm putting one of those on." Louis declines and all of a sudden Amelia starts to cry.

"Louis!" Harry growls picking up Amelia and gently rocking her back and fourth.

"What?" He asks.

"You hurt her feelings." Niall says.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" His eyes widen as he stares at Amelia.

"I think she'll stop if you put it on." I tell him and he sighs.

"Okay fine." He grabs the hat and places it around his chin.

"It's on! Happy?" He looks at Amelia who gave him a smile. Louis gave her a unreadable expression.

"Unbelievable." He says.

We all laugh.

That was how that day went and let me tell you that it was the best day of my life. Being with Harry and the boys has to be the best thing that has ever happened to mean and I can't even express in words how much my life has changed since I met him. Surely I would be dead I know but if not for his heroic actions I would have never had this beautiful baby in front of me. If I didn't have Harry there would be nothing left. I am and will always be grateful for him and my wonderful friends. I never thought I would have all this love and support around me but I was so wrong, I had it all along and it took me this long to realize it. I was never alone in the world, I was just a little naive girl who didn't know what she wanted, who didn't want to be loved, which was utterly...Broken.

But not anymore.

I matter.

I am someone.

My name is...

"Calla." I whisper to Amelia.

"And I was the Alpha's broken Luna."

//

The End. ✨