Chapter 17

Harry

"Liam get my mom, Gemma, and all the women and children safe, Niall and Louis assemble the warriors to the front, I'll get Calla." I commanded in my alpha voice.

"Yes Alpha!" They all said and left the room. I ran upstairs to my room to see Calla with a suitcase on the bed.

"H-Harry I packed just like you said!" She exclaimed happily.

"That's a good girl now grab your suitcase and let's go." I say walking over to her and tried to pull her arm but she held it back.

"But I thought you said we would leave tonight?" She asked in confusion, I sighed.

"Well change of plans we're  leaving now so c'mon." I reach out again to grab her arm.

"But you sa-" I cut her off.

"Dammit Calla! Just listen to me!" I growl and she grabbed her suitcase. I pulled her downstairs and headed to the backdoor.

Once we were outside my eyes widened at the sight before me.

My warriors charging at the rogues, blood shedding on my land, the sound of painful howls.

It was a sight to see.

"Harry's what happening?" Calla asked in fear.

"War." Was all I said. I grabbed her arm and we started to run to the forest. As we were almost out of territory a dark grey wolf appeared from the shadows, growling. I stood in front of Calla in a protective manner.

The wolf crouched down ready to pounce but before he could tackle me he was roughly knocked down and bitten in the neck by a light brown wolf who I immediately recognized.

Liam.

His fur was covered in blood, he had a few cuts on his legs and a huge claw mark on his side.

"Liam?" I asked tears staring to form in my eyes.

'Get out of here Harry!' He told me.

I shook my head.

"No I'm not leaving you here!" I yelled letting the tears fall.

'I'll be okay Hazza just go.' He said.

I just stood there in shock.

'Harry please.' He begged.

I broke out of my trance and took a hold of Calla's arm and continued our run to the woods. I looked behind us and saw houses on fire and a few motionless bodies on the ground.

"We can't leave them Harry." Calla cried as we stopped running seeing that we were far away from territory.

"They'll be okay Calla." I tried to stay calm and not loose it.

"They'll be okay?" She laughed bitterly, "Liam had a huge cut on his side, that's not okay Harry!" She snapped.

"What do you want me to say Calla? That I'm sorry for abandoning my family and best mates to defend for themselves while I get the love of my life out of danger? Well I'm not going to apologize for trying to keep you safe!" I snap and it got quiet.

"I'm sorry." I hear her mumble.

"It okay let's just keep walking." I say taking her hand in mines.

//

A few hours later we finally reached the cabin. We walked over the small bridge that had a lake surrounding it. Reaching the door I pulled out the key and unlocked it. Me and Calla walked inside and I turned on the lights. Calla gasped in shock.

The scenery is beautiful and serene, quiet and cool. I could almost taste the freshness of the crisp night air. Through the large glass windows, I can view the dark, moonlit trees and the shine of the blue water.

"It's beautiful." Calla says as she looked around. I walked over to the fireplace and took out a match from the cabinet above and it and lit it throwing it onto the wood. Sighing in comfort I made my way towards the living closet, taking out two sleeping bags. I laid them down in front of the fireplace. Calla reluctantly sat on top of it.

I guess she didn't know how to use a sleeping bag let alone ever seen one.

I take a seat on mines beside her.

We sat in silence not really knowing what to say to each other. I mean what could we way? We just abandoned our home in the middle of war and our friends could potentially be dead. Yeah not the best way to start a conversation. Instead we stared at the fire.

I found it relaxing staring at a fire, seeing the flames dancing has a hypnotizing effect on our minds, where the flames become the object of our focus.

It detaches our mind from our surroundings and lets us delve into the deeper trenches of our thoughts and pay attention to what our subconscious interpretations of our life are.

And right now our life was hell.

"I m-miss t-they b-boys." Calla spoke up after a long silence.

"Me too baby." I tell her placing my hand on top of hers.

"D-Do you t-think they're o-okay?" She looked at me with sad eyes. I kept my eyes trained on the fire.

"I don't know baby."

//

Do y'all think the boys are alive?