Chapter 56

Harry

Everyone stares at me in shock by my words but I'm not even surprised by their reactions.

"I'm sorry you did what?" Louis asks not comprehending what I just said.

"I said I killed his mate." I tell him again and he shakes his head.

"What?" He repeats and I roll my eyes.

"Look Louis I'm not going to say it again." I say annoyed.

"Well I'm sorry that it's hard to understand someone when they said they killed his ex-best friend's mate!" He throws his hands up in exaggeration.

"Look it was an accident." I groan really not wanting to have this conversation.

"How do you accidentally kill someone?" Niall laughs bitterly.

"It's a long story." I tell them.

"Well looks like we got plenty of time." Niall says propping his legs on the coffee table. I sigh and look over to Calla who was blankly staring at the floor. She hasn't said a word.

"Calla...Baby? Are you okay?" I ask in concern. She shakes her head and looks up at me.

"S-So you're saying that you killed Zayn's mate and you don't want to explain why?" She asks and I sigh again.

"It's not like that Calla." I say family.

"Then tell me what the hell it is like Harry because what it seems like to me is that you're a murder!" She yells and the room goes silent.

"Can you two us a minute?" I ask my mom and Gemma who both nod in understanding and leave the room. They didn't need to be involved.

"Listen love I just don't want to bring up anything that doesn't really matter anymore." I shrug and she looks at me if I just have lost my mind.

"You're kidding me right? It does matter Harry considering the fact that you just killed someone and is the reason that this psychopath was after me for months! And now you don't want to explain why." She growls getting up from the couch and heading towards the kitchen. Me and the boys just watch her silently.

"You know I know I'm not exactly the smartest person in the room but what I do know is the difference between right and wrong." She says opening the cupboards in search of something.

"What are you looking for?" I ask in confusion but she ignores me and continues to rant.

"Maybe I have lost my mind maybe not or maybe that I am so sick and fucking tired of being lied to the one person who I thought I could trust in the whole world." She pulls out a shot glass and a bottle of vodka. Louis and Niall look at me in concern.

"I think you broke her." Niall whispers and I growl.

"Calla you know you can't drink...It's not good for the baby." I warn standing up and walking to her.

"You know Zayn told me about you. All the things that you did when you were younger...How you ruined his life." She laughed bitterly ignoring my previous statement.

"But you know what really caught my attention? The fact that you abandoned him." She says staring down at the glass.

"Do you really believe that's what happened?" I asked now five feet apart from her.

"I don't know what to believe anymore Harry. God I'm so tired of going through the same shit with you every time you don't get your way." She tells me shaking her head.

"I know that you feel like I'm not telling you everything but you have to know that some things are meant to stay hidden. I just wanted to keep you safe baby and in order to do that I had to lie." I explain to her.

"I understand that Harry but sometimes you gotta let me in. You go to let someone in."

"I try but every time I do they leave because of their own darkness. I can't help but think that they were infected by mines." I whisper.

"Well try harder to make it work. Compromise, do whatever you have to do because if you want a future with this baby of yours it won't come by doing the same thing you used to do. You have to...Be something else. Something better." She tells me and grabs the vodka and the glass carefully putting it back in the cupboard. She turns back to me but looks behind at the boys who haven't said a word.

"Why is it so hard for everyone to just tell the true?" She asks and turns around, walking upstairs. I sigh and look over to the boys who had guilty faces.

"She hates me." I say defeated.

"No she's doesn't mate, she's just upset but before you know it you two will be fine." Louis tried to assure me but I sighed.

"Why do I always do this?" I let out a frustrated growl.

"Because you're you Harry. You always try to be the one to save the day but you don't realize that you can also hurt people in the process." Niall tells me.

"He's right. You cant change the past Harry. The past teaches us you might as well not bother trying to."

"I know but I just want to make things better for us." I say.

"So what? You think you deserve a medal for trying to be good for five seconds? Redemption isn't a destination it's a journey." Louis says.

"But I wasted years running away from all the bad things I had done because I didn't want to face the pain that I had caused because I didn't want to be that person but...Now I am." I tell them.

"You're not a bad guy Harry, you're just trying to live up to your father. Do you think that he was any better? If you're trying to live up to us, don't. We are just as flawed as anyone, especially me. All you can do is to live up to yourself." Louis smiles a bit and gets up from the couch.

"It's late and it's been a long day, I'm going to get my love and go to bed. I'll see you two in the morning." He pats my back and walks out the room. Which only left me and Niall.

"What do you think I should do?" I ask him and he sucks in a deep breath.

"I don't know much about all this love crap but what I do know if that you love her as much as you do then you'll let her in." He tells me and starts to walk away but I stop him.

"T-Thank you Niall...I know I don't say it that much but I really appreciate it." I give him a small smile.

"Well someone's got to provide a little optimism, doesn't seem like anyone around here is in the headspace to do it." He says and follows Louis upstairs.

I laugh lightly and look around the room really not knowing what to do at this point but I knew I had to do something. I take one last look around before deciding that it we be best to go to bed but as soon as I was about to head for the stairs a knock was heard at the door. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

Who could be here at this time of night?

Walking over to the door I slowly open it only to find the man who I thought I would never see again. He was drenched in what would appear to be water, shivering like he was out in a blizzard and his breath was heavy and ragged. I could almost smile in joy if I wasn't in so much shock but instead I whispered.

"L-Liam?"

//