Chapter 23

Harry

I woke up today feeling a wave of relief wash over my body. I was relieved that we were safe, nobody knows where we are which is good for Calla and the baby. I chuckle under my breath at the new found word that I thought I'd never say.

Baby. My baby.

I'm going to be a father soon and I'd couldn't be happier. I always wanted to have kids with Calla but I never thought that it would be this soon, under dangerous circumstances.

Let's just say that this pregnancy was unplanned.

I am sitting on the porch taking in the fresh air of the forest. Calla was inside with the boys playing video games. That should keep her distracted for a little while.

I sigh closing my eyes in contempt. I haven't really gotten a lot of sleep since I found out Calla was pregnant, I was on hyperdrive. My protective instincts starting to kick in and soon enough I was by her side every second of everyday which I didn't mind at all but sometimes it got really tiring. Maybe today I might be able to catch a break.

"Taking a breather mate?" I open my eyes to see Liam giving me a questioning look.

I chuckle, "Yeah I needed air." I tell him and he nods taking a seat in the other chair next to me.

"I get it, must be tiring tending to Calla's every command." He laughs and I nod in agreement.

"Yes it is but I am her mate and that's my job to keep her safe and happy." I smile.

"Or if you don't she'll try to kill you." He grins.

"That is true." I say staring out into the green forest.

"You know I'd never thought we'd get this far," I start, "I mean we're gonna have a kid soon and I'm scared that whoever is after us will ruin our chances of having a happy ending." I finish not taking my eyes off the forest.

"I think that you and Calla have been through so much together that you can basically accomplish anything life throws at you, so whoever is after you guys don't know who he's messing with. You're alpha Harry Styles, you don't give up so easily and neither does that firecracker in there." He gestures to Calla who you can see through the window. I turn around and see her laughing with Niall and Louis. She looks so happy and I don't want her to feel any other way.

"You're right. She's getting stronger everyday, both physically and mentally." I smile fondly at the gorgeous girl in my eye sight.

"She has so don't let these doubts make your thoughts race." Liam tells me as she stands up.

"Thanks mate." I tell him

"No problem, I'll see you inside." He says and walks back inside the cabin.

I take a deep breath and turn my attention back towards the wilderness before me.

"Everything will be okay." I whisper to myself before standing up and heading back inside.

//

It was now dark and I decided that it would be fun to watch a movie but when dealing with Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan something always goes wrong.

"All I'm saying is that a scary movie wouldn't be so bad." Niall tried to reason with me but I shook my head. There is no way that we were watching a scary movie with my pregnant mate in the room.

"Nope. Do you remember what happened last time when you guys decided to watch a scary movie?" I ask and the both look at each other.

"Nothing." The say in unison.

"You're both liars. What happened was Calla got scared out of her mind." I tell them.

"It will be fine and plus she's not even paying attention." He points to Calla who is sitting next to Liam who is reading a book. He isn't a big fan of movies.

"I'll ask her." I tell him.

"Hey baby do you wanna watch a movie?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Me r-reading w-with Liam." She tells me not taking her eyes off the book.

"See?" Louis says.

"Fine but keep it PG." I warn him and he smiles getting off the couch and sliding the disc in the DVD player.

"What if she looks up and sees something scary?" Niall asked in concern.

"She'll be fine." Louis shrugs

1 hour later

"Calla baby please." I beg as I held a crying Calla in my arms.

"J-Jason i-is g-going to kill me!" She cries and I start to bounce her.

"See, I told you something like this would happen." Niall sighs and I turn to Louis.

"I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this." I growl still trying to soothe Calla.

"Well you should've left her in the room." Louis defends.

"Yeah Louis, I should just leave my pregnant mate in a room by herself without supervision, what a great idea." I snap.

"I-I don't w-wanna die." Calla sniffles and Liam coos at her.

"You'll be fine love, it's just a movie none of it is real." Liam tells her.

"N-Not r-real?" She tilts her head. Yup she's definitely in her headspace.

"Not real at all darling." Liam assures her and her sniffles start to die down. Thank god.

"Are you calm now love?" I ask and she nods her head.

"Good now how about I go get you a snack?" I suggest and she starts to bounce up in down excitedly.

"Okay I'll go get you something so you will sit with Liam." I say and hand her over to Liam who gladly sits her in his lap. I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge taking out a few oranges. I walk over to the counter and start to cut the oranges in half, when I'm done I put them in a bowl. As soon as I was about turn around I hear a click coming from outside. I look up and see that the window is open.

Strange.

It wasn't large enough for anyone to fit in but it was big enough to throw something inside. I look around the kitchen and see nothing out of the ordinary. I growl lowly and look at the window only to be met with darkness and the sound of the wind howling. Taking one more glance I close the window and head back into the living room with one question on my mind.

What was that click?

//

Do you guys think they are being stalked?