Chapter Forty-One

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

June 7th 2013

____________________________________
Chapter Forty-One - Cloud Stryker

Anguish hung thick in the air of the waiting room and those whom sat inside were feeding the emotion, almost making it difficult to breath properly.

Everyone was crying.

Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin were crying.

Carmen was crying.

Terrance was crying.

Even Wind, though, he wasn't in the waiting room but he was crying privately in the man's washroom while vomiting repeatedly into a toilet, not able to form coherent words.

How I knew? I had only went and checked up on him moments ago.

And me? I was in a state mixed between shock and trying to get Terrance to breath properly, not that I wasn't sad over Ryder, I was, he had grown on me and I liked to consider him as one of my friends. What happened to him—he didn't deserve and I still couldn't get Wind to even tell me what happened between the two of them. He wouldn't speak anything of it and it irked the fuck out of me.

''He's not gonna die. He's to stubborn.'' Terrance spoke, loud enough to gather Carmen's attention.

She looked like she's been through hell and back with her mascara running due to her constant falling salty tears trailing down her flushed cheeks. Her hair was disheveled and greasy looking due to her constantly running her fingers through it over and over to help her cope and try and keep her head on straight but what really hit me was the pain swirling around in her red rimmed, blood shot hazel eyes.

She loved Ryder and it wasn't in a friendly or sisterly way, either. She loved Ryder like I loved Terrance and I knew if Ryder made it through, she was going to declare her love for him, unknowing of Wind and Ryder's relationship. If I could call what they kept hidden a relationship. Even I wasn't sure what was going on between the two but I knew it crossed over the boundaries of friendship and casual curious sex—for Wind anyway.

I didn't know what ran through Ryder's mind and I wouldn't if he didn't pull through.

I grimaced, tightening my arm around Terrance's shoulders and pulled him close to my side, not missing the disgusted glare that Mrs. Benjamin shot in our direction. I resisted the urge to flip her the bird, only because she was in a state of pain over her son, which only had my grimace deepen because Mrs. Benjamin was making it bluntly obvious of her homophobic tendencies and it pained me to think Ryder was probably succumbed into believing he was straight.

At least her homophobia didn't rub off on her son to treat Terrance any differently but I could only imagine what internal struggles Ryder was going through himself.

''Family of Ryder Benjamin?'' An older male doctor in blue scrubs asked and instantly, Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin stood to their feet. Mr. Benjamin had his muscular arm wrapped around his wife's frail shoulders, holding her close to his side while they waited on the news to come.

Ryder had a striking resemblance to his father, the dark brown hair, the dark brown eyes and even a few of the facial expressions reminded me of Ryder. The only few differences were while Ryder had longer hair that hung past his ears, his father's hair was buzz cut and their skin tones were different while Ryder had porcelain skin, his father's was tanned and while Ryder had more of a lithe body shape, his father was muscular and appeared more masculine and firm with his words.

Ryder's mother on the other hand was an average looking Sally with curly blonde hair done up in a sloppy bun and caramel eyes which were still puffy and red from crying, also, she was incredibly petite, especially compared to her husband.