Chapter Twenty-One

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 31st 2012 /January 1st 2013
____________________________________
Chapter Twenty-One - Terrance Archibald

''Cloud!'' I called from the kitchen, pouring a bag of potato chips into a large clear glass bowl before glancing over my shoulder at the digital time on the stainless steel microwave. ''They're gonna start showing up soon and it'd be nice if you were actually up here with me setting up!''

I waited a moment but still got no response and I huffed, crumpling up the chip bag and tossed it into the nearby trashcan. I left the kitchen, peering into the different rooms on the main floor before stopping in front of the basement door that was left ajar and now that I thought about it—I've never been down there but in Cloud's free time he spent quite a bit of time down there and it made me curious.

Was there an awesome entertainment center I didn't know about down there?

Opening the door wider, I peered down the wooden steps before making my way down and turned the corner only to stop in disbelief. There were canvases everywhere, small, medium, large, and while some were blank others were full of color and images to their finest. Then littered along the walls of the basement were different drawings done in pencil, messily sketched but still amazing non the less.

And who I assume the artist of them all stood with his back to me, a small paint brush in hand while he worked on another canvas that looked to be the top of houses painted in autumn colors.

''Cloud?'' I asked, waiting for  him to whirl around startled but I still got no response and I walked on forward, hearing faint music which meant he had his ear buds in and I tapped on his shoulder—finally getting the reaction I was waiting for as he whirled around and the paint brush in his hand slipped from his grasp as he stared at me like he was caught in some horrible act.

He stared at me like he was waiting me for to explode on him.

''You can paint and draw?'' I asked instead and though I was hurt that he kept one of his passions away from me; I wasn't gonna bring the whip down on him.

''...Yes.''

''Why didn't you tell me—you're absolutely amazing.'' I breathed, glancing over his shoulder at the canvas he was working on but he blocked my line of vision with a frown.

''That's not done,'' He said, turning back around and pulled a white sheet over the uncompleted painting. ''And I don't know.''

''You don't know what?''

''Why I didn't tell you,'' He admitted and I was surprised to see a blush rising on his cheeks as he turned back around to face me with averted eyes towards a cluttered paint splattered desk. ''I honestly never thought I was any good and I didn't want you finding out about my income.''

''Whoa wait, you sell them?''

Cloud nodded, folding his arms across his chest. ''Yeah, shockingly enough people actually like my work and I have quite a list of clients that purchase them.''

''How much do you sell them for?''

Cloud shrugged his shoulders looking rather bashful. ''It ranges.''

''What was the most expensive painting you sold?''

''I don't know...five grand.'' Holy shit. Just when I begin to think I know everything about my boyfriend and father of our unborn child there just happens to be more. I opened my mouth to speak but the sound of our door bell went off and I sighed, rubbing my forehead.