Chapter Fifteen

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 18th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Fourteen - Terrance Archibald

''It's almost Christmas and you haven't even started shopping for gifts,'' Carmen said with a pointed look, dipping a french fry in ketchup before popping the fry into her mouth. ''And you have quite the list of people to shop for.''

I nodded, glancing down at my mixed meal which consisted of various food items I had ordered from the different fast food places in the food court. Of course, by passers did double takes on my rather disgusting looking meal but I couldn't help my sudden pregnancy cravings as I scooped up some Chinese noodle mixed in with bits of a burger patty that was topped with gravy and cheese sauce.

But, back to what Carmen was saying about Christmas gifts I have still yet to purchase.

''You don't even know what your going to buy for the people on the list, do you?'' Ryder asked, smirking as he brought his fountain drink to his lips and glanced at Carmen. ''Well, when in doubt gift cards always save the day.''

''Yeah, but gift cards seem so impersonal.'' I admitted. ''And I have yet to even think about what to buy Cloud. I want it to be amazing and perfect.''

''You could always buy some sexy lingerie and wear it for him.'' Ryder suggested, wiggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner which had my face flaming in embarrassment while Carmen shot him a dirty look and threw a half eaten french fry at his face.

''It's Christmas not Valentines day.'' She retorted, shaking her head. ''I'm sure you'll find the right gift for him, you just have to keep your eyes peeled.''

''I guess.'' I mumbled, though I felt like a horrible boyfriend. I hadn't the slightest clue what to buy him and from what I heard from Starr, Cloud already had my present which made me feel even worse.

''Anyway, enough Christmas talk,'' Carmen said, snapping my attention onto her. ''How did Cloud's family take in the news of your pregnancy?''

''Surprisingly great.'' I admitted, recalling the few days ago Cloud and I sat down with Gennifer, Starr and Wind to reveal the news of the little person.

''I'm gonna be a grand-mama.'' Gennifer gushed and Starr exclaimed. ''I'm gonna be an auntie!'' while Wind deadpanned. ''How the fuck is that even possible?'' Of course, that caused both Gennifer and Starr to whack him upside the head which made him wince and shoot them both a look of disbelief.

''How far along are you?'' Starr asked, her dark blue eyes down casting to my stomach or well she tried but the island counter top was in the way of her viewing.

''Twelve weeks along.'' I said, my hands moving down to caress the small growing bump.

''Please, please, tell me you have pictures.'' Gennifer asked. I nodded, sliding the envelope in her direction which she snatched up in a hurry, pulling the sonograms out and cooed at them before passing them to Starr who eagerly took them and scanned them over with a smile.

''Do you know the gender yet?'' Starr questioned, showing Wind who eyed them like he didn't understand what he was suppose to be seeing which Cloud sighed at and leaned over to explain, moving his pointer finger along the sonogram while he murmured about our baby, a small smile tugging at his lips.

''Are you sure it isn't a tumor?'' Wind asked dryly which caused Cloud to glare at him. Gennifer rolled her eyes at Wind before averting her attention back to me while I answered Starr's earlier question.

''We're going to see Araki—my doctor on the twentieth to find out.''

She nodded while Gennifer asked. ''Does your family already know about the baby?''