Chapter Twenty-Six

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

February 4th 2013
____________________________________
Chapter Twenty-Six - Terrance Archibald

''Cloud, you're gonna be late.'' I said, though I wasn't exactly whole heartily trying to get him to leave and I knew he was prolonging this morning of cuddling too.

''Mm, five more minutes.''

''You said that seven minutes ago.''

Cloud chuckled, leaning up and pressed a loud kiss to my lips with a smirk. ''You know I've never been good with math.''

''You're lucky—cause neither am I.''

''But you're good with other things.''

''Now that was a dirty innuendo.''

''Take that however you like but I got to go or I'm gonna be late,'' Cloud said in a mocking tone, glancing over at the alarm clock on my bed side table. ''Damn, seven minutes—again.''

''Oh, go on and shoo.'' I huffed in amusement, pleased when he pressed a longer kiss to my mouth before rolling out of bed and waltzed out our bedroom door while I slumped back down into bed—not looking forward to my online classes I'll have to be working on later in the day.

I only had two classes but damn—I was not looking forward either.

Placing my hands on my erect stomach, I pursed my lips, glancing down at the bump. ''Well, baby boy, we haven't really got an exciting day ahead of us besides making an attempt at cooking your other daddy an amazing meal. I just hope I don't burn the meal or the house down.''

Running my hands up and down along my bump in a soothing motion, I contemplated what dish I should make and decided on pasta because it honestly seemed simple enough and it would appear to be difficult to burn noodles and tomato sauce—unless I just happened to find away.

''Another thing you need to know about me, baby boy, is that I am not a chef.''

Now thinking back on it—I wished I would have taken my mother up on teaching me simple but delicious recipes instead of declining her every attempt at teaching me to cook. Though, at the time my mother assumed it would help impress future girlfriends and perhaps a perfect wife but now instead I was aiming to please my boyfriend and baby's daddy.

Sighing, I swung my legs out of bed and padded out of the room with a faint yawn before sauntering down the staircase and made my way into the kitchen, deciding to have Nutella on whole wheat toast with a large glass of orange juice for breakfast. I was also craving Tim Horton's honey cruller timbits but that was off thought. I popped two pieces of bread into the toaster but paused as my baby boy started moving around, it felt like bubbles fluttering around and I found the feeling rather comforting, knowing that my little one was perfectly fine.

★ ★ ★

It was passing midday and this must have been the eighth time a sigh has fallen past my lips in the last dreadfully long hour while I was sat down on the bar stool at the island counter, glaring at my laptop screen, reviewing over my answered questions and deeming them correct—or close to being anyways. Letting out a breath of triumph, I closed the laptop shut and glanced over at the microwave in debate of heating up left-over Chinese food that Cloud and I had ordered last night.

Even though, the left overs were Cloud's—due to the fact I had eaten all mine—I didn't think he'd mind if I scarfed them down, I mean after all, they were technically for our growing bun in the oven.