Chapter Fourty-Seven

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

July 1st 2013

____________________________________
Chapter Forty- Seven - Terrance Archibald

The sound of wailing roused me from my deep slumber and I jolted awake with blurry eyes and continued to listen to the sound of Zayden's wails for another moment and just as I was preparing to haul myself out of my cozy warm bed—Cloud sits up and clambers down before hurrying off to Zayden's nursery and leaving me to stare after his underwear covered figure.

I sighed, knowing it was actually my turn to go to Zayden's aid when he wakes in the middle of the night but the last eight or so times, Cloud just springs into action without a second thought.

How he just immediately wakes up at four in the morning to tend to our sobbing infant without complaint or tripping over his own two feet baffles me.

Maybe I'll buy him a #1 Daddy mug.

The thought made me smile stupidly into my pillow as I listened to Zayden's crying come to an end through the baby monitor but not long after I heard Cloud bypass our bedroom door and head down the creaky staircase and I realized it was gonna be an early morning and I wouldn't allow Cloud to be dead on his feet throughout today alone.

I heaved myself up, stretching my arms up over my head and let out a nosy, over exaggerated yawn before stumbling up to my feet and left the bedroom in nothing but a pair of boxers and Cloud's black tank top. Down the stairs and into the kitchen I walked, rubbing at my sleep filled eyes to try and help keep them open and look less zombie like as I entered, spotting Cloud by the fridge, carefully rocking a gurgling Zayden in his arms while he seemed to be waiting for his bottle to be done heating in the microwave set for half a minute.

''I'm guessing he's not gonna go back down?'' I asked, my voice coming out raspy.

Cloud glanced up, his tired dark blue eyes racking over my body before averting them and shook his head. ''No, he's wide awake and hungry.''

''Mm, should I make a pot of coffee?'' I questioned, already heading over to the coffee machine to set it up to brew.

''You should go back to bed, Rex, I've got Zayden.''

I rolled my eyes, turning around and leaned against the counter top to stare at Cloud. ''You know it's my turn, right?''

He frowned. ''You've been exhausted.''

''So have you.''

''No argument there.'' Cloud agreed, opening up the microwave when it beeped and settling Zayden in his left arm while testing to see if the milk in the bottle was hot by squirting a bit onto his wrist and he deemed it fine before pressing the nipple to Zayden's mouth and the little hungry monster latched on with eagerness.

While Cloud fed Zayden, I began preparing two mugs of coffee for Cloud and I, adding a bunch of sugar and milk to mine while leaving Cloud's black just how he liked it—it was gross. I didn't understand how Cloud could drink something so bitter and actually enjoy it. I shuddered and added an extra spoon full of sugar to my own mug for the hell of it.

Zayden quickly finished his bottle, making a few more gurgling sounds before Cloud began to burp him after throwing a random baby blanket over his shoulder and I just stared adoringly at the sight. Daddy Cloud was probably the sexiest sight I'd ever behold—well right next to naked aroused Cloud.

After burping Zayden, Cloud and I entered the living room, me carrying the steaming cups of coffee and Cloud carrying a very vocal Zayden who began babbling none sense which Cloud returned with a bunch of coos and a bright over exaggerated smile.