Chapter Twenty-Three

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

January 11th 2013
____________________________________
Chapter Twenty-Three - Terrance Archibald

I sighed quietly, tightening my arms around Cloud's waist, curling my legs up closer while cradling my growing baby bump and averted my baby blue eyes to gaze upon Cloud whom of which was absentmindedly running his hand through my hair while staring at the television screen that was playing Howl's Moving Castle; a movie I requested.

Though, it was more of an excuse to have Cloud sit down and relax with me.

This last week he's been off and spending his time in the basement, working on his art and I didn't mind but I was worried because I could tell he was under a lot of stress. With exams only two weeks away, a large English project due, clients breathing down his neck and his worrying over our little unborn boy and myself—Cloud was stressed.

Also, him avoiding phone calls and text messages from Wind haven't gone unnoticed either.

''Cloud?'' I asked, snatching up the remote and pressed paused on the movie to gather his attention and he replied with a curt hum. ''Is everything fine between Wind and you?''

His mouth formed into a thin line and he clenched his jaw. ''Yeah.''

''You're lying,'' I deadpanned. ''You've been avoiding his calls this last week. Do you want to talk about it?''

''Not particularly.'' He muttered, removing his hand from running through my hair and ran it through his own in frustration. I frowned, sitting up straighter and used both my hands to cradle my stomach while staring intently at Cloud.

''Babe, whatever happened between you and Wind, it's clearly upsetting you and adding on more stress that you don't need.'' I said quietly, frowning as he averted his eyes before sighing and rested his hands on his head and closed his eyes.

''He asked me what I'd do if you were to cheat on me and if I would forgive you,'' He started with his eyes still closed. ''It made me realize how much I loved you and the thought of you with someone else felt like a dagger stabbing me over and over and Wind continued to press my buttons further when he asked what I'd do if the child wasn't mine which resulted in me decking him in the face.''

''You punched him?''

''And I do it again.''

''Cloud, you know I love you and I've only ever been with you and we're having a child together—our child,'' I said, hoping to reassure him because I knew Cloud was upset over Wind's words and to be honest; I was too. ''I wouldn't cheat on you...not even if Harry Styles walked in through our front door in his tattooed littered birthday suit high off Viagra.''

''I have no idea who Harry Styles is.''

''He's in a boy band called One Direction with curly brown locks and British but that isn't important and you're putting me off topic--''

''You're the one who brought him up in the first place.'' Cloud interrupted.

''I was making a point, Cloud. I wouldn't cheat on you and I don't think Wind meant to upset you but looking for advice,'' I admitted, recalling Ryder telling me about Wind wandering the town with a mystery guy alongside. ''Did you know Wind was gay?''

Cloud paused, glancing at me with a raised eyebrow. ''He's not gay.''

I frowned. ''But Ryder saw him with another guy, kissing and holding hands.''

''Doesn't mean he's gay.''

''Well it doesn't exactly make him straight and again, we're going off topic.''

''Which is?''

''Wind was seeking advice from his brother and I have this feeling it was about mystery guy.''

''Well instead of beating around the bush about his relationship and dragging you in as the metaphor, the bastard still deserved a punch and I'm still pissed at him.''

''I understand but maybe you should hear him out.'' I pressed and I felt like a hypocrite. I wouldn't even hear my own father out and some days I regret having my outburst but others I don't; our father/son relationship was always complicated.

He always seemed to expect more from me.

I didn't belong to any school clubs like Lucas and Winnow had been, my grades were average where Lucas was a prodigy child and graduated high school at the age of sixteen while Winnow accomplished in getting A's. And lets not also forget both of my siblings where straight and interested in the opposite sex and both have steady jobs that help change or save lives.

And what was I? Well, I was no longer just an average gay boy that lusted after cock but pregnant too.

''I'll talk to him on Monday and not a day sooner, I'll let him stew.'' Cloud said after a moment and I didn't argue because it be useless so I just nodded in response, crawling onto his lap and straddled his thighs with my arms locking around his neck before I leaned in close and rubbed our noses together.

''We have to start coming up with ideas for boy names,'' I murmured, pecking his mouth. ''Have you thought of any?''

''Have you?''

''In fact, I have been. I have a few.'' I admitted.

''Well?''

''I'll say one then you say one, we'll make a game out of it.''

''Fine.''

''Fine,'' I mocked with a smirk. ''River.''

''You basically want to name our child after a stream?'' He asked unimpressed and I laughed before he huffed, pausing as he mauled a name over in his head. ''...Hunter.''

I gave him an appalled look. ''You basically want to name our child after a killer of animals?''

''I rather like the name.'' Cloud mused and I shook my head.

''What about...Storm?''

''Aaron.''

''Leaf.''

''Can't you pick a relatively normal name like Noah or Samson?''

''Says the man who's name is Cloud.''

''Touche.''

I grinned, taking Cloud's hands in mine before I felt this odd sensation in my stomach almost like a jolt and I furrowed my eyebrows, keeping silent and averted my eyes downward before the jolt happened once again and I gasped, releasing Cloud's hands to caress my stomach which instantly set Cloud off into a panic but I shushed him, taking his hands in mine once again and guided them to be sprawled over my bump baby where it once again jolted with a movement.

''Did you feel it?'' I whispered completely awed, raising my head to stare at Cloud who kept his eyes locked on my stomach while his hands stayed put.

''The little guy's moving about now, eh?'' He asked and I could hear the awe in his voice.

I nodded, smiling. ''I have this gut feeling he's gonna be a rumbustious little fellow.''

''Couldn't agree more and you know, he's more then likely going to inherit our stubbornness.''

''I hope he gets your artist talent and not get mine; I can't even draw stick figures.''

''Rumbustious, stubborn, and artistic,'' Cloud murmured. ''What have we created?''

I smiled, leaning in to capture his lips with mine in a simple lip-lock. ''Our baby boy.''

''That we did and I still remember the night he was made like it was yesterday.''

''Really, because I've seemed to forgotten...maybe you need to refresh my memory.'' I breathed hotly against his lips, teasingly sliding myself up against him for friction and he smirked, carefully laying me onto my back while he hovered above me, leaning forward to nip at my bottom lip.

''I guess I'll have too.''

*Vote*Comment*Fan*