Chapter Fourteen

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 13th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Fourteen - Terrance Archibald

Exposed would be the word to describe my current state.

I practically felt naked as I drifted through the crowded halls, doing my best to keep my burning eyes downcast and my attempt to block out the hushed whispers that seemed to pierce my eardrums. My name was being tossed from student to student and I began to realize how celebrities must feel about having their bad press getting thrown in their faces. Wishing that whatever they had done could be taken back before the news was broadcast.

But it wasn't that I was regretting coming out with Cloud...right?

I mean I know with all my heart I love him, more than I could put into words but I was having my inner doubts pushed to the front of my mind.

What if he leaves me? Us?

I couldn't raise our child on my own, especially if he or she looked like the spitting image of him—the man I love. The man I know I will always love; leaving no room for another. But these thoughts only brought on more misery and I needed to stop focusing on the what if's and focus on the right now's.

''I think they're only fuck buddies because Cloud doesn't have a heart.''

''That guy, Terrance is probably being forced into the relationship instead of facing the outcome of being shot by that maniac.''

The whispering seemed to grow louder with each passing second and with each one I heard only fueled my mood to worsen and my doubts to heighten. I thought pregnancy brought you happiness and brought you into the next step of the relationship?

Yeah, it does but you and Cloud have only been together for a short period of time. My subconscious tossed out, feeding off my negativity. You're forgetting the saying 'first comes marriage and then the baby carriage'.

I gave my head a shake, shoving the vicious but rational thoughts into the deeper part of my mind as I entered my homeroom class, scanning the few occupied tables in search of my friends but only catching sight of Ryder flirting with a girl whose name I care not learn considering I've come to know Carmen's feelings towards him so any bimbo he chats it up with; I hate—for Carmen.

''Terrance, I know I'm stunningly sexy but please don't stare. We're just friends.'' Ryder said with a full tooth grin, dismissing the girl as he turned away and motioned me over and before I could over think I allowed my feet to move me forward until I was seated in the desk next to him.

''Hey.'' I said awkwardly but Ryder continued to grin like an idiot before wiggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner only making the upcoming conversation head in the direction of awkward.

How do I know? Because Ryder just has that ability even in the most serious of situations.

''So, I hear from the man you got laid last night,'' He started off in a casual tone before his facial features turned wicked. ''Then to top the cherry on the sundae the sex must have been mind blowing if you came out with said person who gave you mind blowing sex whom of which is the father of your child.''

''The man?'' I asked in hopes of diverting the conversation away from my sex life but Ryder just shook his head in amusement.

''Yeah, the man as in Carmen because she rules with an iron fist but to head back in the right direction of our conversation—are you not going to give me details?''

I flushed. ''You sound like an eager fangirl.''

''I think you mean fanboy.'' He corrected, noticing my expression of disbelief before sighing. ''It's correct term, I looked it up. Plus, we're bros and this is the type of stuff bros talk about.''