Chapter Eighteen

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 25th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Eighteen - Terrance Archibald

The heat in Orlando, Florida was pretty unbearable during the early afternoon, it was the time the sun was at it's high in the sky, glaring it's smoldering rays down on the mundane world—and in our case the mundanes around us just happened to wear a lot of Mickey Mouse. It was slightly amusing how Disney made their merchandise off a talking-big-eared-rodent.

But, who was I to complain? Epcot was absolutely mind-blowing!

I felt like a young child being tossed into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory; only instead of touring through candy land—I was touring a man-made-mini-world and I was loving each and every moment. Canada—our home country—was first on the map. Flower beds littered throughout most of the area, along with bridges that sat over top of small running streams and ducks waddling their way around the lush green grass.

Toward the back of the Canadian area were a few small stoned buildings—some for show and some open gift shops that allowed you to buy some Canadian made souvenirs. Cloud and I had also overheard a nearby couple question why there wasn't snow because they had heard us Canadian's lived in igloos—something that amused Cloud and I too no end.

The next stop was United Kingdom. It gave Cloud and I the amusement of working on our poor British accents which only seemed to draw in some odd looks from passing by tourists that we took in stride.

France was elegant and it had tones of open buildings that Cloud and I walked through with linked arms, doing some window shopping; also an excuse to be out of the heat and into the cool air conditioning.

Morocco was wonderful and colorful. Maabi music filled the shops and a few dressed up belly dancers moved along to the beat, gathering in a large audience. The dancers were beautiful and graceful, their toned bellies moving while their hands swayed in tell of a story that awed me but after the short event finished we went on our way to the next country; Japan.

Domo, Pokemon and Hello Kitty filled the shops. Cloud had actually made a noise of excitement when he spotted the shelves upon shelves of Domo merchandise, weaving through the crowds with me trailing along in complete disbelief. He was happily telling me he was a huge fan while searching through a rack of ugly brown shirts with the creatures face to buy—something I was totally against him getting—but then he went along to pretty much smite me by also purchasing a matching onesie for our unborn child.

After he joyously paid for the ridiculous clothing—that was like fifty bucks for two—we had our attentions caught by a large fish tank that was full of clams. Intrigued, we paid and got to fish for one clam each and inside was a pearl we'd get to keep. My clam had a dusty rose pearl while Cloud had gotten a white one.

United States was next but there wasn't much there that held our interest. Though, we still roamed, taking in the sights while snapping photos and dorky selfies that involved Cloud and I pulling duck faces.

Italy, we did sight seeing before we both decided we were starving and ready for an early supper. Tutu Italia was beautiful, and their waiting staff were actually from Italy themselves so they all had those amazing accents that made me swoon until a flirty waitress started putting her moves on Cloud.

My Cloud. I had shot her a dirty look, lacing our fingers together on top of the dining table which had caught her attention and she'd blushed before scurrying off in embarrassment.

We'd each ordered the lasagna dish that came with a basket full of delicious freshly baked garlic bread. The meal was absolutely superb.

Germany was beautiful; the buildings were a vintage old fashion but elegant, it was wonderful to walk through the surrounding shops to do some window shopping.