Chapter Four

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

November 16th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Four - Terrance Archibald

Awaken from a restless sleep has become a common occurrence. It was like a schedule I've been coming to deal with over the last week. I'd wake up feeling nauseous, flee from my bed like a rocket, bend over the toilet and or sink to allow everything I had eaten the night before to come up, leaving my throat feeling dry and my mood bitter.

I felt as though I'm on some kind of strange man period only subtract the bleeding. Thank God.

''Oh dear, Terrance. Maybe you should stay home today, this flu is really taking a lot out of you.'' My mom said, rubbing my back while I continued to gag before my dry heaving kicked in.

I coughed, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand while shaking my head. ''No, I'll be fine. I've already missed two days, I'm not risking another.''

''You're so stubborn, just like your old man.'' She grumbled with a sigh. ''Alright, you can go to school but if you start to feel unwell, you don't hesitate in calling me.''

''I know.'' I assured, motioning her to leave the bathroom so I could shower and rid myself of any type of stank that might of clung to me over the last two days I barely wanted to move from bed.

Ryder and Carmen had kept me company most of the time through my 'fuck the world, I wanna die' faze of my sickness and shockingly enough neither brought up Cloud. Something which I was extremely grateful for because even thinking his name hurt but it's been over three weeks since I last spoken to him and that conversation was what ended our communication and probably our relationship.

No. I scolded myself. What did end our relationship.

I had to stop thinking that maybe our relationship was still on, it would only lead to more hurt down the road. It also gave more reason for Ryder and Carmen to add in their chips of 'I told you so', not that they would just blurt out and say it but I knew they'd be thinking it. I still had no doubts they were still upset with me from keeping my relationship with Cloud a hidden secret but I didn't dwell on that matter.

I knew they'd get over it with time.

''Hey Terrance? Mom said you're going to school today? Did you want a lift?'' Winnow's voice was muffled through my bedroom door.

''Ah, yeah. That'd be great!'' I replied, digging through my closet for an outfit to wear. I decided on a simple long sleeved gray wool sweater and a pair of black skinny jeans which led down to my favorite pair of dark gray TOMS.

Even though I was gay, I didn't have much of a sense for fashion much to Winnow's and Carmen's displeasure when they decided it would be fun to bring me out shopping. That was one of the first things they had gotten excited about when I came out, was to have their gay friend/brother go shopping with them when in all honesty, I loathed shopping with a passion.

Well, that wasn't completely true. I just loathed shopping with girls, they complained about every piece of clothing they tried on before they just decided to buy it anyway. Another reason why I was gay, girls were way too complicated for my liking.

''Make sure you eat something light.'' My mom instructed, walking down the stairs behind me while putting in her favorite pearl earrings. ''Like toast with a bit of butter should be good.''

''I know, mum.'' I said with a nod of my head as I entered the kitchen, popping in two pieces of bread into the toaster. I've been practically living off of toast, it was one of the things I was able to eat without feeling nauseous. That and a nice big bowl of ice cream or the entire container if I was feeling more than peckish.