How Terrance Met Cloud

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

September 8th 2012
____________________________________
One-Shot - Terrance Archibald

The first week of school was usually a breeze.

It was mostly just introductions between teachers and students, trying to remember where your classrooms were located and having large unwanted text books be assigned to you and if you lose said text book—it cost you an arm, leg and if they're feeling like Satan himself, your soul.

''It's only Thursday and everyone looks like they're auditioning for roles of zombies for The Walking Dead.'' Carmen muttered, sounding disproving.

''You mean, walkers.'' Ryder corrected. ''They don't use the term zombies in The Walking Dead.''

''Ryder?''

''Yeah?''

''Shut up.''

I withheld a laugh while Ryder rolled his eyes as we neared our last class of the day, which meant we only had to suffer another seventy-five minutes before we were free to go home and become couch potatoes. The thought was very appealing but another thought also crossed my mind and I stopped dead in my tracks when I realized I had forgotten my binder in my locker.

''Shoot, I forgot my binder.'' I said, watching as both Carmen and Ryder turned around to face me.

''I'll let Mr. Wayne know.'' Carmen assured.

I nodded my thanks, watching Ryder and Carmen continue onto class before I turned heel and stalked down the brightly lit hallway and I dreaded the walk to my locker due to the fact it was all the way on the other side of the school. I picked up my pace and hurried down different hallways until I arrived at my locker and I gave a breath of relief, dialing in my combination which I got wrong twice before third times a charm finally worked for me. With triumph, I removed my lock and held it in my hand.

''Hey, do you--'' A voice startled me while opened up my locker and to my utter horror, the metal door of my locker slammed right into their face. ''Oh, son of a bitch!''

I made a incoherent noise in the back of my throat, watching the person stumble back a step, clutching his hand to his nose.

''I'm so sorry!''

''Fucking shit. That really hurt.'' He muttered.

I opened my mouth to apologize once again but paused because I recognized the guy. His raven black hair was cut to the nape of his neck with fringe hanging over his forehead and just above his dark blue eyes that were squeezed shut while he continued to hold his nose that seemed to be steadily gushing blood. He wore his signature black leather jacket with a graphic blue t-shirt that hugged his muscular upper body in all the right places and his black skinny jeans hung off his narrow hips.

I had hit Cloud fucking Stryker in the face with my locker and now his nose was bleeding

''Let me help you to the nurse.'' I offered, not allowing him to protest and he didn't—thankfully.

I carefully took his elbow in my hand and started in the direction of the Nurse's station, wincing when he'd curse and I was just waiting for him to blow up on me but the whole walk towards the Nurse's station, he didn't. I opened the door and led Cloud inside, leading him over to the line of chairs and sat him in the closest one to Nina's desk.

''You know I am so, so, so sorry. I didn't see you or well, I heard you but like I didn't see you and I didn't purposely hit you with my locker, I swear.'' I was rambling, snatching up the box of tissues and pulled a few out, before hurrying back over to Cloud and gingerly held them out towards him. He took them with his free hand. ''Are you okay? Wait, stupid question, of course you're not okay. I hit you in the face with a metal door. I'm sorry.''

''Yeah, you already--'' He began but stopped mid-sentence when his dark blue eyes met with my baby blue ones. He stared at me for a long minute before blinking and averting his attention off to the side and went quite.

I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip and took a seat, leaving a empty chair between us.

''You know I am sorry.'' I spoke up again at last.

''You make it a habit to hit strangers in the face with your locker?'' He asked, his voice held a hint of amusement.

I flushed. ''No. It was an accident.''

''I don't believe in accidents.'' Cloud said.

''What do you mean?'' I asked, giving him an odd look.

I could tell he was smirking. ''Things happen for a reason. I'm Cloud by the way.''

''Terrance.''

''Terrance...'' He said, like he was testing out the name and he looked like he was about to speak again but Nina the nurse opened the door with a sigh.

''What's going on now, Archibald?'' Nina asked, entering the room and closed the door behind her and continued to give me that expecting details look.

I shook my head. ''It's not me, it's Cloud. I kinda hit him in the face with a locker.''

''All right, come around back, Mr. Stryker, I'll have a look-see. As for you, Terrance, head back to class.'' Nina instructed, making her way towards the back of her station and Cloud stood to his feet and tapped me on the arm.

''Thanks for hitting me with your locker door.''

I stared at him in disbelief. ''I'm sorry--''

''Don't be, because I'm not.'' He said, giving  a small shake of his head. ''Look, I'm not usually bold but I'm taking a shot. Go on a date with me tomorrow night.''

I opened and closed my mouth, not understanding if I was hearing this correctly. ''What?''

''A date. Tomorrow. With me.''

''We barely know each other--''

''We'll get to know each other on the date.'' He said. ''I'll find you tomorrow, give you all the details, all right?''

''O-okay.''

He smiled, he actually fucking smiled. ''Great. I'll see you around, Rex.''

I furrowed my eyebrows. ''My names Terrance.''

He took a step back, still smiling. ''Everyone gets to call you Terrance. I want to be the only one to call you, Rex.''

Fuck, if I didn't just drop down to the ground and swoon right then and there.

I just nodded stupidly, watching him shoot me another smile before trailing on after the nurse, leaving me sitting in the waiting chair stupidly while I tried to gather myself and not swoon to the ground like a pre-teen girl getting winked at by her crush.

I inhaled a deep breath and stood to my feet, trying to believe the fact that Cloud Stryker had just breezed on into my life and I hoped he was here to stay.

*Vote*Comment*Fan*

A/N: So, this is how Terrance and Cloud met, a month prior to the prologue btw.