Chapter Twenty-Seven

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

February 14th 2013
____________________________________
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Cloud Stryker

Valentines Day: the national day of spending a fuck ton on flowers and heart-filled gifts for your special someone.

Before meeting Terrance I wouldn't have given a hoot about this romantic day of love in the air. In fact, I had normally spent this day out and about with Starr and Eugene going around to the many different restaurants with a baggy filled with fake engagement rings, placing them in girls glasses and watch the reactions from both sides of the parties. The men all pale and flabbergasted while their ladies screeched like a damn piglet.

It was entertaining as fuck.

But now, I was in a serious relationship and I had plans made and heart shaped chocolates purchased.

Instead of snickering at the love struck fools paying way to much to wine and dine—I was now one of them myself and I didn't mind one bit. I didn't care I was now a love struck fool as along as it was for Terrance. If he wanted hearts and flowers; it's what I'd give him.

''Cloud, could you wash the paintbrushes?'' Mrs. Burton asked, tearing me away from my thoughts and I gave her a nod in response to which she gave a smile before returning back to her computer screen, more than likely responding to an email sent from her husband. ''So, Cloud any plans on this romantic day? Not to sound intrusive but I've heard rumors that you're involved with a Terrance Archibald?''

I gave a faint smile from hearing his name. ''Yeah, I have plans made with him. What about you?''

''My husband has something up his sleeve—he does every year,'' She said, her tone fond. ''So, what's your boyfriend Terrance like?''

''Amazing as cliché as that sounds,'' I admitted. ''He has this sarcastic humor and wit but he's really sweet and understanding and kind and I could honestly talk on and on about him for hours.''

''Sounds like you love him.''

''I do.''

''Young love is always the best kind of love.'' Mrs. Burton murmured with a happy sigh and I gave her a smirk before returning to rinsing off the abused paintbrushes to the best of my ability. It was one of my greatest pet peeves—just leaving paint on the paint brushes. It let's the paint harden—ruining the bristles—making it an even bigger chore to try and clean them correctly the next day.

A knock sounded at the door.

''Come in,'' Mrs. Burton responded and a second later the door opened. ''Oh, Joyce, honey, the class doesn't start till after lunch.''

''I know but I wanted to stop by and get some tips on the color blending—I was practicing last night but I just can't seem to get it right.''

''Well, I was actually just about to slip over to Miss. Peterson's room to collect my print outs but I'm sure Cloud would be able to give you a quick tutorial.''

''I still have to finish washing these paintbrushes and set up the canvases--''

''I'll help out, I mean after you show me color blending?''

''That's very kind of you, Joyce, now I'll be right back.''

Fucking hell.

''Shall we get started on--''

''You don't need help with your 'color blending', Joyce, you're one of the top students in this class, so if you really don't mind, I have things to do to set up for next class.'' I said, cutting her off abruptly. I turned around to face her, crossing my arms over my chest and narrowed my eyes when a frown graced her glossy lips. Her platinum blonde hair was done up in a messy girly bun and her gray eyes were downcast to watch her slim fingers tangle in with themselves in what appeared as a nervous habit.