Chapter Forty-Five

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

June 15th 2013

____________________________________
Chapter Forty- Five - Terrance Archibald

''I want Cloud!'' I screamed for what felt like the millionth time but Araki of all people were ignoring my pleas which didn't help my given situation. I was scared and in pain and just barely comprehending what the fuck what going on. I knew I was being prepped for an emergency C-section due to placental abruption but I didn't even know what that was and it only made me want Cloud here even more.

''Cloud!'' I screamed again. ''Cloud!''

''Terrance, he's gonna be here shortly.'' Araki tried to sooth but it didn't help me in the least and I let out a cry, trying to sit up and clutch at my stomach but a nurse settled her gloved covered hands on my shoulders and told me to try and relax to which I screamed again in reply. ''Cathy could you set up the curtain.''

I saw the nurse Cathy nod and began setting up a blue curtain just below my chest and it covered the view I had of my stomach which only made me panic more until another short round nurse entered the room with Cloud hot on her heels, he was dressed head to toe in yellow scrub like clothing and I managed to calm down slightly when he took my sweaty hand into his but let out a cry when he leaned forward to place a gentle kiss on my forehead.

''Cloud, it hurts.'' I told him through a whimper and he grimaced.

''He's on Epidural anesthesia—it will be kicking in any moment.'' Araki commented, murmuring something I didn't hear to a nurse.

''It's okay, you won't feel anything soon, baby.'' Cloud whispered, stroking back my damp hair.

''I want it to stop now.''

''I know,'' He said, continuing to stroke back my hair. ''But just think, Zayden's gonna be born today and you're gonna get to hold him.'' The thought of holding our little Zayden in my arms made my heart swell. ''Have you decided on his middle name?''

I nodded, feeling an odd sensation in my lower abdomen. ''Yeah, he's gonna be Zayden Blaize Stryker.''

''It's perfect.'' Cloud told me and I nodded, fully aware that the Epidural anesthesia was kicking in because I now sorta felt as if I was floating out from my body as I stared up at Cloud.

''He's gonna need a blood transfusion.'' I heard Araki say but I was beginning to feel way to tired to speak out and decided to just stay quiet and keep my focus on Cloud who kept his own dark blue eyes on me, talking to me quietly but I couldn't concentrate on his words.

''You're...gonna be such a good daddy.'' I managed to get out, my eyes drooping and suddenly I could see four Cloud's hovering above me, their lips still moving but I couldn't hear any of the words I so desperately wanted to hear.

I blinked a few times, smiling slightly when I felt Cloud's hands cup my cheeks. ''Rex...good daddy, too...love you...can't do this alone...''

''...heart rate going down...'' Araki shouted and it was the last thing I managed to hear before I slipped into unconsciousness.

It felt like decades I was floating around in nothingness and I was cold—so terribly cold. I turned my head every which way, trying to find any source of light to help guide me out from this darkness but it was futile and I was surrounded and all my hope of getting out was steadily decreasing until a sound startled me and I listened intently before the sound once again echoed throughout the darkness.

The sound was a cry of a baby.

Realization dawned on me and I fought—I fought hard.

I willed my eyes to open, to help me escape from this darkness and after a few struggles—I finally managed to blink my eyes open and I didn't even care I was being blinded by the light that shined above me, I continued to blink until my vision was clear and I took in my surroundings. I was back in a hospital room and I felt exhausted and sore but another hoarse screech like cry had my head tilting over to the right where Cloud was seated, holding a little bundled up white fleece blanket.