Chapter Ten

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 11th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Ten - Terrance Archibald

''...I don't know, Ryder. I picked him up last night and he was a complete mess. I think you should come over...'' Carmen's hushed voice drifted into her pitch black room, the only light was coming from her bedroom door that was slightly ajar.

I blinked my sore eyes, shifting underneath the blankets she had piled over me and glanced at the clock on the nightstand that glared it's bright white numbers. It was four in the morning which made me pause and think back to earlier.

Carmen had shown up around eight and I was still off to the side of the road crying when she had got out of her car, demanding what happened but I only managed to blubber and splutter while attempting to explain before she dragged me into her car and drove off back to her place where I still continued to sob about everything and anything that came to mind.

I just wondered how much she caught and if anything how much she believed.

''...yeah, I'll see you in a few and just let yourself in.'' Carmen murmured, followed by a deep sigh that meant she didn't know what to do and she was frustrated because of it; which was sometimes a complete shocker, considering under any kind of circumstance or situation she seemed to always know what to do in the worst of times.

The bedroom door creaked open slowly, illuminating her room with a bright glow from the upstairs hallway and she poked her head around the door frame. Her dirty blond hair was pinned up in a messy bun and she wore a simple black tank top with a pair of Batman boy shorts with matching slippers. If I was in the mood, I would have teased her but I couldn't even find it in myself to speak.

''Are we gonna talk about this?'' Carmen spoke, slowly entering her bedroom but not receiving an answer from me. ''All right, if you aren't going to speak then you can at least nod or give a shake of your head, understand?''

I nodded.

''You're...pregnant?'' She asked, her tone wasn't judging but it was a little hesitant like she was unsure which was totally understandable considering I, myself was still having difficulties wrapping my head around the idea of a baby growing inside me.

I nodded once more, tears stinging the back of my eyes.

''I assume Cloud's the daddy?''

Another nod but this time more weakly as tears surfaced.

''Your family found out and I'm guessing they didn't take this very lightly?'' Carmen asked, her voice turning sympathetic as the hot tears trailed down my flushed cheeks. ''...And neither did Cloud?''

''N-no.'' I managed to choke before a sob lodged it's way up. ''He told me...h-he would l-love me no matter w-what and be h-here with me no m-matter what b-but where i-is he n-n-now?''

''Terrance, this is a bombshell you're dropping. I'm not even 100% on this matter. I'm confused and I'm not even the parent of the baby inside you. You need to think how Cloud feels, just all of a sudden the boy he loves blurts he's pregnant, it's gonna be a major stunner but I'm sure with some time everything will run along more smoothly.'' Carmen attempted to reassure but her words only seemed to deflate my mood even more.

''H-he probably thinks I'm a psychotic loon that n-needs help.'' I whispered brokenly, allowing more salty tears to fall as I turned my head and buried my face into a pillow; hopefully it'll suffocate me.

''I've missed you.'' Carmen blurted, causing me to turn my head and frown as she crouched down in front of me with her hazel eyes averted. ''Ryder and I've both missed you, you're the glue that sorta held our complicated and weird friendship together. Without you it was awkward as hell, after all I'm pinning after the man child huh?''