Chapter Nine

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 10th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Nine - Terrance Archibald

''I'm dreaming of white Christmas...''

''Terrance, would you be a dear and pass up the box of ordinates?'' Gennifer asked, ceasing her humming on the Christmas tune that was playing from the radio station. I gave a nod, stooping down to snatch the small box to pass up to Gennifer while she stood on the short stool latter finishing up with the white garland. ''You know, I think this will end up being a mighty fine Christmas tree. Even better than last year's.''

''What did last year's Christmas tree look like?'' I asked in honest curiosity. Gennifer grimaced at the memory before laughing, hanging a few clear but glittery ordinates before stepping down with a clap of her hands.

''Starr had been in charge of getting the Christmas tree but you know what she returned home with instead?'' She asked, shaking her head with baffled humor. ''It sure as bristles wasn't a pine tree. No, it was a marijuana tree.''

I laughed. ''What did you do?''

''What do you think I did?'' Gennifer mused with a wicked smirk that reminded me of Starr. ''Cloud, Starr and I smoked that tree.''

''Of course we smoked it, what type of people would we be if we hadn't?'' Starr asked, entering the living room with a red glass bowl filled to the brim with popcorn. ''By the way, our mother really knows how to roll em' blunts like no other. Even better than Eugene and he smokes more than people in those mafia groups smoking cigars.''

''Yes, he's a real prodigy.'' Gennifer muttered, rolling her eyes. ''What he should do is get a real job, quite smokin' weed, get a damn haircut, rent a better apartment and maybe propose to his girlfriend of five years already.''

''Aw ma, don't be so rude. Eugene is just rugged is all.'' Starr defended, though I did know where Gennifer was coming from. Eugene wasn't exactly the brightest light on the planet nor the sharpest tool in the shed when he presented himself, wearing worn out clothing, speaking through grins or looks of concentration which only hinted towards him getting confused on a topic which everyone would like to think of the weed finally killing enough of his brain cells.

Though, he wasn't a bad person by any means.

Gennifer just wanted what's best for her children.

''Rugged? He looks and smells like a hobo.'' Gennifer retorted. Their bickering actually didn't surprise me in the least, all of their conversations led towards the same direction of sarcasm or testy arguments but I could never miss the love factored somewhere in the words they spoke.

''He does not, ma! Tell her he doesn't look like a hobo, Terrance!'' Starr exclaimed, leaving me to feel flustered with the two sets of piercing dark blue eyes locked on myself, both expecting a reply which would lead to their win or lose.

''What did I say about pulling Terrance into your petty arguments?'' My hero demanded, entering the room with narrowed eyes souly located on Starr who in reply huffed and flipped him the bird.

''It wasn't a petty little argument--!'' Starr began only to have Cloud hold up a hand, silencing her in mid sentence while he raised an eyebrow.

''Oh yes it was indeed. Plus, I'll settle this. Eugene in fact looks and smells like a hobo and desperately needs a haircut. Now, if you don't mind I'll be stealing back my boyfriend and taking him back to his place where he'll be safe from the lengths of my own family.'' Cloud deadpanned, holding out his hand to me which I took, passing him a grateful look I knew he'd tease me about later.