Chapter Thirty-Nine

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

May 31st 2013

____________________________________
Chapter Thirty- Nine - Terrance Archibald

''Isn't it perfect?''

''Not gonna lie, it looks like something out of a magazine.'' Carmen said.

Which I had to agree with, the nursery was breathtakingly elegant with the white furnishings which really popped with the nursery painted a calming dusty blue with soft white clouds painted on various sections of the walls and a touch I loved that Cloud added were the glow in the dark larger clouds that hung on the ceiling around the beautiful chandelier Gennifer had bought awhile back.

''Well, I hope this goes with the decor.'' She said, holding out the simple yellow gift bag which I raised an eyebrow at but took non the less, opening the bag and peered inside, smiling when I pulled out the porcelain baby lamb.

''It's perfect, Carmen.'' I told her with a bright smile, setting it on the white round table in front of the white lamp.

''Well, considering you never had an official baby shower, I thought I best get something more for my little nephew.''

I snorted. ''I never had a baby shower because everyone keeps on buying things for Zayden. You don't even want to look into his wardrobe. I tell you, he has more clothing than Cloud and I combined.''

''Speaking of which, you wanted me over here to help pack a bag for when the day comes?''

''Yeah, I could use the help, bending over is such a hassle for me now.''

''Well, your belly is gigantic now.'' She pointed out and I grinned because it did look like I was going to go into labor at any given moment and before, like back in my first trimester, I would have been bothered with the size of my belly and having people point out the bump but now, it was soothing knowing Zayden was inside growing at the healthy rate.

I was seven months pregnant (33 weeks) which meant I was only two months away from labor and the thought was both exciting and scary. I knew giving birth to life (my little Zayden) wasn't going to be a walk through a daisy field; having seen birthing videos warned me enough. Especially since I was a male which was going to make it that much more difficult and probably painful and I didn't even want to think about the contractions to come only weeks from now.

''Earth to Terrance?''

''Mmm?'' I hummed, snapping from my thoughts to glance at Carmen who looked annoyed at being ignored by me.

''I asked if this little onsie was fine?'' She asked, holding up the little plain light green onsie with the matching hat and I resisted the urge to coo at the small amount of fabric held in her hand.

''Yeah, we'll pack that one.'' I told her. ''Better than the cliché blue.''

''Like the nursery?''

''Shut up.'' I mumbled and ignored her snicker, leading her out of the nursery and into mine and Cloud's bedroom, instructing her to pull out an overnight bag from the walk-in-closet and spent a half hour packing the needed clothing and items I would need to bring.

''Have you decided on a middle name?'' Carmen asked, helping me fold up the needed clothing.

''I've been thinking of names,'' I told her. ''Just haven't settled on one.''

''Well, are you gonna share your ideas?''

''I was thinking Blaize, Dyson, Jack or Alfie.''

''Zayden Blaize...Zayden Dyson...Zayden Alfie...'' Carmen murmured.