Chapter One

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

October 12th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter One - Terrance Archibald

''Make a wish, Terrance!'' Winnow exclaimed. Her bright smile lit up her facial features and that just made her seem even more beautiful and radiant with her delicate hands clasped tightly together against her chest while her body trembled with excitement which I found truly endearing.

I gave her a small smile before I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath of air while my mind wandered off in thought of a perfect wish for my eighteenth birthday, and of course, I had the cliche birthday wishes came to the fore front of my mind but one wish I had stood out and I grasped onto it.

I wish I wasn't so average, I want to be original. And with that thought racing through my mind, I released the breath I was holding and opened my eyes to watch the once burning candles go out, leaving smoke swirling up into the air above the cake.

''Oh! My little baby boy!'' Mom cried and she was starting to look teary eyed standing next to Winnow who was grinning at me with the same excited brightness from earlier. Mom started to rub her thumbs under her eyes while she continued to say. ''You're growing up so fast! What happen to my little man that used to run around in his underwear?''

''Mom!'' I groaned, burying my face into my hands to hide the blush that was creeping up on my cheeks while my siblings laughed like it was the greatest thing in the world to have our mom blubbering about my childhood.

''Okay.'' My dad chuckled—the traitor. ''Elizabeth, how about we cut the cake?''

''Yes, cake is sounding really good about now.'' I agreed, but of course, Lucas had other ideas.

''I can't believe the little man is all grown up; heading up the road to adulthood.'' Lucas cooed, leaning across the table to ruffle my hair up playfully with a grin plastered to his lips and a glint in his similar blue eyes.

''Man child!'' I retorted lamely, crossing my arms over my chest to sulk before my mom placed a fat chunk of chocolate cake in front me. My sulky expression morphed into a grin and I picked up my nearby fork and began to eagerly fork bites into my mouth, enjoying the moist chocolatey goodness as my family sat back down at the table and chatted among themselves.

''Hey, Terrance.'' Winnow murmured under her breath. I turned my head slightly and glance at my beautiful Jamaican sister that was only two years older then myself and attending law school that was only three hours out of Dawning. My parent's had wanted a daughter and when they heard of Winnow needing home they jumped at the chance to adopt her and care for her as their own.

I have a hum in response while I continued to chew the bite of cake in my mouth.

''I have to take you out for your birthday gift.'' She admitted and a smile stretched her glossy lips which had me raising an eyebrow. ''Also, I have a sexy little number you must wear.''

Curiosity pooled in my thoughts but I didn't question her because she just turned her head away from me to chat with Lucas about some boring topic an eighteen year old guy like myself wouldn't find the least bit interesting. Both Lucas and Winnow were bright, both highly intelligent and were constantly making my parents proud.

Lucas was a sixteen year old High School graduate that got accepted into Harvard on a full scholarship. He took the needed courses to get his medical degree and graduated top of his class and went onto become a great neurologist.

Winnow graduated High School with impeccable grades, captain of the debate club and head cheerleader since she was in sophomore year. She was now a freshman in law school, studying the law to become the best of the best.