Chapter Nineteen

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 25th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Nineteen - Terrance Archibald 

Ah, Christmas.

A festive holiday that brought family together; only now I was wishing mine would separate.

''...damn coward. Figured you'd come back with your manhood between your legs!'' An intoxicated Lucas roared, pointing an angry finger at our stunned father whom sat across from him and next to our baffled mother who sat at the head of the table staring at Lucas like she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

''Lucas Dennis Archibald!'' Mom exclaimed appalled. ''Don't use that type of language!''

''How 'bout you like not defend him.'' Lucas retorted, his words slurred and his weight shifted in the chair nearly causing him to face plant into the table if Eugene whom sat next him hadn't straightened his posture.

''I always seem to steady the drunk.'' Eugene muttered under his breath, though only Starr, Wind, Cloud and I heard him clearly but each reaction was different. I for one was confused, Wind amused, Cloud annoyed and Starr irritated as she nudged him in the rib cage making him wince.

''Can't we like all chill and be happy?'' Winnow asked, still incredibly stoned as she dipped her pointer finger into her mashed potatoes before licking it off  like it was the most casual thing anyone could be doing. And this was a top class law student...can anyone say face palm?

''Use a spoon dear,'' Gennifer said, placing the utensil in Winnow's hand who gave her a light tipped smile in return. ''Enough bickering, all of you. It's Christmas and we have much to be grateful for, such as the beautiful gift Cloud and Terrance have created. It's a miracle in it's self and I don't know about you all but I don't want that innocent child—my grandchild, your grandchild, nephew or niece to be raised in a petty war zone. Fighting isn't gonna solve anything, only created bigger problems and Terrance doesn't need that, he just needs support, not pointless family a drama.''

''Gennifer is right, enough out of all of you,'' Mom piped in, giving a grateful look to Gennifer whom in return nodded. ''We're all a family now and there will be a new addition arriving soon.''

''...Uh, speaking of which, how far along are you Terrance?'' My father spoke, catching my attention as I turned to stare at him, the table silenced and Cloud held my hand in his, giving me a reassuring squeeze. My father sorta looked pitiful all nervous like he was being held at gun point with all the eyes focused on him but the look from weeks ago was still fresh in my mind—his look of complete coldness and the tone of his void voice still echoed in my head.

''What all of a sudden made you give a damn?'' I asked, surprising myself with the sudden white hot rage I felt brewing up inside me. Rage directed towards my father. ''Why now?''

''Because you're my son--''

''I was still your son two weeks ago,'' I interrupted. ''Where were you then? You didn't even try to contact me. Not a single time.''

My father stared at me like he didn't recognize who I was before his eyes hardened and his teeth clenched. ''So it was all right when your boyfriend and father of your child over there left for a good month without contacting you but--''

''Don't drag Cloud into this!'' I snapped, standing abruptly from my seat, glaring at my father.

''Then when you told him you were pregnant he ran--''

''Shut up!'' I screamed at him, covering my ears as I tried my damnedest not to cry and show that his words hit just as hard as he intended them to be. Cloud stood from his chair and in a flash had my father out of his chair and up against the dining room wall, his arm against his neck, choking off my father from talking any further.