Chapter Seven

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

November 23rd 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Seven -
Terrance Archibald

''I've always wanted to travel around the world.'' I blurted out loud, turning my head to face Cloud only to blush crimson as I realized he had already been staring at me. Cloud and I were laying side by side on top of my roof, starring at the starry night sky -or rather I was-  above us while the beautiful full moon hung further in the distance.

''I know and it'll happen.''

Not as soon as I'd like. I thought, my hands traveling down to rest on my stomach which was still thankfully flat but that wasn't much of a shocker considering I was only entering seven weeks. I wasn't far enough along to show drastic changes in my appearance but when it came down to my emotions I was screwed which was why I had a film of tears blur my vision.

Having a baby had never even crossed my mind. I had never even thought about adopting let alone being able to conceive my own. I had future plans I wanted to accomplish and succeed, places I wanted to travel, languages I wanted to learn, food I wanted to eat and people I wanted to meet. I was going to be my own priority and make my own decisions whether they'd be rational or not.

At least I would have known they were my decisions, chosen for myself. But now, it wasn't just myself and that thought weighed down upon my shoulders so heavily I didn't know if I'd be able to hold myself up on my own. I needed help with this baggage--no. Not baggage but this child, this small, helpless little person inside of me. The little person growing inside of me.

The thought was terrifying when I came to the realization on just how much this little person was depending on me. I was it's source of just about everything to help keep the little person inside of me growing, to help keep it alive and well.

But, I couldn't do all of it alone.

''Hey, why are you crying?'' Cloud murmured, turning over onto his side. ''You'll get to travel the world, Rex. You've been saving up all of your pay checks and tips from the diner, you're only a few steps away.''

''What do you have planned for the future?'' I whispered, my throat closing up as I realized I had only ever spoken to Cloud about my plans but never questioned him about his which only seemed to make me feel worse.

''Well, I met this amazing guy at school. Almost--actually scratch that--did hit me in the face with his locker door. He was flustered, stuttering over his apologies while he insisted he take me to the nurse's office and wouldn't take no for an answer. He was--still is-- incredibly stubborn.'' Cloud stated with a small smirk that caused my stomach to erupt with butterflies.

''I don't know where you're getting at, Cloud--''

''This amazing, stubborn guy also tends to interrupt his boyfriend but that's just one of the many things I love about him.'' Cloud said. ''Anyway, back to my story. So, I'm sitting in the nurse's office annoyed with this guy because he's rambling about non-sense while I'm holding tissues up to my bloody nose, thinking of ways to shut him up but just before I can squeeze a word in...these beautiful bright blue eyes peer up at me and I'm lost in his trance.''

''Since that day, this amazing, stubborn, beautiful, intelligent guy has been the center of my attention since day one and I don't plan on letting him go.'' Cloud murmured, reaching out to take my hand in his while his dark blue eyes stay locked with my baby blues. ''So, you're asking about my future and I know it has to involve you, Terrance Jeffery Archibald--''