Chapter Sixteen

The Bad Boy Is My Baby's Daddy

December 22th 2012
____________________________________
Chapter Fourteen -
Terrance Archibald

''I look like I have a muffin top.'' I muttered, examining my reflection in the mirror, my hands running over the growing bump. ''God, I'm gonna start looking like a fruitcake.''

''Then you'll be a cute looking fruitcake.''

''I'm being serious.''

''And I'm just saying.''

''Cloud!'' I exclaimed in exasperation, whirling around to face him with a glare, crossing my arms over my chest with a huff of annoyance. He sat on his bed, back against the wall with his laptop resting upon his bent knees while his dark blue eyes souly focused on the screen while his fingers clicked away on the keyboard.

''Terrance, you look absolutely fine.''

''I look fat!'' I retorted, motioning to my middle area that has become more noticeable in size. Sighing in frustration, I turned back around to face the mirror and returned to tugging on my jeans, trying to get the damn button done up.

Common, it's only an inch or so apart! I thought, a whine escaping low in my throat as I threw my hands up in the air, giving up on the pair of jeans that must of obviously shrunk in the dryer. Yeah, blame the dryer Mr. I-can-eat-an-entire-tub-of-cookie-dough-ice-cream-in-one-sitting.

''You're not fat, Rex. It just means the baby's growing, that's a good thing.''

''Yeah? Try telling my pants that.'' I growled through gritted teeth, roughly tugging my pants down which caused Cloud to sigh and not a moment later the sound of his laptop clicking shut. Well, gee, sorry for disrupting your internet time, prick.

''Why don't you wear a pair of joggers or a pair of those new pants Carmen helped you pick out? Those will fit, yeah?''

''That isn't the point!''

''Then what is?''

''I don't know!''

''Real informative.''

''Fuck you!'' I suddenly cried out angrily. I felt like a volcano ready to erupt at any given moment, my emotions were running too high and I just felt overwhelmed with everything. I turned on my heel to storm out of Cloud's bedroom but he caught me by the arm, reeling me back into his chest. I screamed in rage, writhing in his tightening grip while trying to kick him in the shin.

''Calm down, Rex.'' He murmured, his voice oozing concern which only made tears well up in my burning eyes as I ceased my body from moving, the only movement was the rapid raising and falling of my chest while I breathed heavily, trying to calm myself down. ''Look, I'm sorry. I was being an unhelpful ass and I didn't mean to upset you.''

I swallowed the lump in my throat, taking in a deep breath as Cloud whispered sweet nothings in my ear while rubbing his hands up and down my arms in a soothing manner but I felt anything but relaxed. I jerked out of Cloud's grip causing him to stumble back a good few steps as I departed from the bedroom; honestly not giving a damn that I only wore his sweater and a pair of his boxers.

I ignored him when he called my name, listening to his footsteps that were following after me but I didn't give him a chance to catch me as I turned and went into the upstairs bathroom, slamming door shut with a bang and flicked the lock. I took a seat on the toilet to try and calm myself down by taking in another deep breath only to let out a startled yelp as the white curtains to the bathtub were pulled back and there sat Wind but he wasn't naked nor was there any water pooling around him.